Where could I find Old BMX bike parts?

smknL67

Regular
Aug 7, 2007
Bensenville
Like the topic says. I want to fix my old bmx bikes that have been sitting for 10 years. Thats right, 10 years. When we moved from Chicago to Bensenville we put our old bikes in a storage bin and forgot about them. Yesterday looking for something else I realized my treasured bikes are in bad need of repair. Some are complete some need a whole bunch of parts. If you have parts for a either GT performer, Dyno, Haro, or Diamond back or pretty much anything old school for these trick bikes let me know or direct me where I can find them. I have a total of 5 bikes. Only 2 are complete. The other 3 are frames with cranks but missing everything else. I seem to have lost the 3 spoke GT Mags, gt necks and handle bars. I have no clue where they went. I guess when we moved they got lost. I kinda feel like kicking myself in the butt for leaving these bikes outside but now I'm going to put them back in the original shape from head to toe.

thanx for looking.

I

imported_Dirtracr95

i used to into biking but then i got too big for my bike and didnt have the money to buy a new one cuz i started to drive. I would love to get back into it tho. Just i made enemies with a particular biker who is at the park everyday.

I

imported_1fastGTP

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (smknL67 @ Apr 23 2008, 12:43 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
How about you sell me the extra fork/handle bars or whatever parts you have B) I have enough bikes to fix lol, seems like yours is a treasure. Do you have pics of it?[/b]

Sure, I have a ton of parts you may want. I'll snag pics of all of it for ya. I need to get rid of the bike actually, cuz i dont use it.. and its taken up space in the garage. It was my treasure when I use to ride... but i really dont need it. Its sweet tho! custom painted black metalic,3 piece crank, just anything you can think of.

98GTPDriva

TCG Elite Member
Jun 24, 2008
Ah... the good ole days of no responsibility. I had a GT Vertigo (same as GT Performer) and every inch of the bike was pretty much chrome. I also had a Schwinn Predator at the same time, which was burnt orange with silver accents.

Both were sweet bikes... but with me turning 16 and racking my self one too many times trying to attempt tricks, I had given up.

Now only if cars were as cheap to mod as bikes... :lolsign:

Rich

Regular
Oct 7, 2008
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (98GTPDriva @ Apr 23 2008, 02:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Now only if cars were as cheap to mod as bikes... :lolsign:[/b]

And as cheap to repair!

I still have my old Dyno GT, a Dyno D-Type (I think that it what it is), and I also have a Haro frame. This frame was not a production frame. It was made for an aluminium extrusion competition, so it is a one-off I think. Never had any parts mounted to it. Still in its box, up in the crawl space. I got that frame for free about 2 years ago. My company was going to scrap it for its weight in aluminum. I grabbed immediately and said thanks. lol

~Rich

Ebay sucks. Have you seen the prices lately? It makes me sick to have lost the GT, Haro, and Dyno necks and handlebars that I had. I have a really rare Diamond back that is complete but the dawm screw in pegs that I need cost $50 on Ebay :angry:

Well if anybody out there has a few parts here and there that would help out. Help an old guy out :)

TonzKnock-G

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 9, 2007
Shitcago
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (DaytonaPaceCar @ Apr 23 2008, 01:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Haha.. Memories..

I have a pretty cherry all chrome RedLine 240.

I had a Dyno Compe (nice and bright flourescent orange) that got stolen off a bike rack (they broke the lock).

Been a long time, circa 1994-5, since I have ridden it. My brother has a few Haro's as well.[/b]

Hey I had the same bikes..lol....The Redline was some sort of Blue and my Dyno was Black and Debadged! :) Had a layback seat with the handgrip. Dam I used to ride everywhere!!!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info