exhaust qurstion

I

imported_1fastGTP

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Xtant12 @ Apr 22 2008, 08:28 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Does anyone know how hard it would be to get the pace setters and run the true duel exhaust on our GP's. Would you gain that much more power?? Has anyone done this yet??[/b]

You can do it, MJ at FairMuffler wanted to do that to mine... but i didn't have the cash to buy headers and have the custom work done. It would sound really nice, well alot better than the single style...

got3800.com

TCG Elite Member
Sep 3, 2007
Carpentersville, IL
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (1fastGTP @ Apr 22 2008, 11:23 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Xtant12 @ Apr 22 2008, 08:28 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Does anyone know how hard it would be to get the pace setters and run the true duel exhaust on our GP's. Would you gain that much more power?? Has anyone done this yet??[/b]

You can do it, MJ at FairMuffler wanted to do that to mine... but i didn't have the cash to buy headers and have the custom work done. It would sound really nice, well alot better than the single style...
[/b][/quote]
how much did he want to charge you for the custom work?

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (1fastGTP @ Apr 22 2008, 11:23 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

[/b][/quote]

I highly doubt that. The headers are not equal length. Too much wiring. Your adding weight. Plus maybe the best you could do is a 2.25 pipe for each side. A single 3" will outflow it. Little to no gains (even in sound) will be had IMO.

I

imported_1fastGTP

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Fish @ Apr 22 2008, 12:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (1fastGTP @ Apr 22 2008, 11:23 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

[/b][/quote]

I highly doubt that. The headers are not equal length. Too much wiring. Your adding weight. Plus maybe the best you could do is a 2.25 pipe for each side. A single 3" will outflow it. Little to no gains (even in sound) will be had IMO.
[/b][/quote]

wrong, MJ figured out exactly how to make the pipes fit buy cutting the crossover and having the pipes go down side by side, and correct all you can do is 2.25 piping... but it will outflow the 3" anyday. He wants about $400 to do it.

Sinister Drag Designs

SinisterDragDesigns.com
Aug 3, 2007
Chicago, IL
I had worked with MJ on doing this before. As much as i would love to suggest this, it will not work.
We were never able to get around the o2. The only possible way is to locate the sensor is an X-pipe and it would be too far away from the motor and not read properly. On top of that it would be adding more weight then a single 3" system.
basicly it can be done but will not work right.

I

imported_1fastGTP

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (SINr247 @ Apr 22 2008, 02:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I had worked with MJ on doing this before. As much as i would love to suggest this, it will not work.
We were never able to get around the o2. The only possible way is to locate the sensor is an X-pipe and it would be too far away from the motor and not read properly. On top of that it would be adding more weight then a single 3" system.
basicly it can be done but will not work right.[/b]

thats wierd... you and V told me before it was doable not a problem putting the 02 on the xpipe.. because it was about the same spot as the U-bend would be, now its bad reading?

Sinister Drag Designs

SinisterDragDesigns.com
Aug 3, 2007
Chicago, IL
With where we had originaly planned to put the x-pipe it would of worked ...in theory. putting it on an actual car would require the x section to be put to far back. This is why MJ has never had it on a running car. Unless MJ has come up with a new design im unaware of.

It would be nice to have the option but untill we figure a way to add an addtional o2 to the PCM i dont see this being possible. I do have to give it to MJ for coming up with the x-pipe idea tho.
His idea was to use stock manifolds as well. For what it would cost in o2 sensors, and the fact that its based around manifolds, a header setup would be a better gain for the cost.
ive posted about this on the other forums in the past few months

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (1fastGTP @ Apr 22 2008, 01:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Fish @ Apr 22 2008, 12:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (1fastGTP @ Apr 22 2008, 11:23 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

[/b][/quote]

[/b][/quote]

wrong, MJ figured out exactly how to make the pipes fit buy cutting the crossover and having the pipes go down side by side, and correct all you can do is 2.25 piping... but it will outflow the 3" anyday. He wants about $400 to do it.
[/b][/quote]

No good sir. You are incorrect. You are the weakest link. Goodbye.

A single 3" will outflow and have a better response then tual 2.25 pipes.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info