3800 Wheel Wobble

got3800.com

TCG Elite Member
Sep 3, 2007
Carpentersville, IL
Hey guys, so when i had my car up today, i checked the wheels out (ive been havin some noise recently)....

my question to you is this....if i can shake the wheel left and right AND up and down would this be a lower ball joint on the control arm needing replacing?

checked the driver side and its solid as a rock....should i do both at the same time though?

thanks.

smknL67

Regular
Aug 7, 2007
Bensenville
up and down movement is the hub bearing. I had the same one go out twice. Do not use the murrays hub they will go bad fast! Side to side movement will be your tie rod or inner tie rod, you will be able to see the play. IF you decide to take off your own tie rods please count the turns going out, so when you put the new one in you will not create un even wear, even though you will need an alignment.

got3800.com

TCG Elite Member
Sep 3, 2007
Carpentersville, IL
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (got3800.com @ Apr 19 2008, 07:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (SINr247 @ Apr 19 2008, 05:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
what brand hub did you use, there are very few companys that make quality hubs for our cars.[/b]
[/b][/quote]
i have no clue what happen....what i had said is:

honestly i dont know what was used, whatever work paid for for me was what i took, free > quality (when it comes to the car not working and me not having cash to use) so is there anywhere i can look that would tell me about this?

got3800.com

TCG Elite Member
Sep 3, 2007
Carpentersville, IL
so i want to apoligize to all of you when i insisted that i "just replaced the hubs"

well it is true that i did just replace them, it is also true that the passenger side is f'ed up.....

good thing is that its under warrenty and im getting it fixed for free!!!! bo ya!

also, because of the inconvience, the guy is going to do my alignment and fix my camber issues (because of lowering) for only $100 total, materials and all...

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info