3800 Now, my car doesn't start

02DyeFour

There can be only One...
Mar 13, 2008
Oak Forest/DeKalb
ok. I tried putting in a performance shift knob. Got everything installed. Pressed the button, and my car died.

Now, it won't start.

The engine turns over.

The fuel range, oil life etc... display is all set to zero now and blinking. Also, it says my gas tank is full (which it isn't).

It seems like its not getting fuel...?

Is my PCM screwed?

got3800.com

TCG Elite Member
Sep 3, 2007
Carpentersville, IL
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (02DyeFour @ Apr 15 2008, 05:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
ok. I tried putting in a performance shift knob. Got everything installed. Pressed the button, and my car died.

Now, it won't start.

The engine turns over.

The fuel range, oil life etc... display is all set to zero now and blinking. Also, it says my gas tank is full (which it isn't).

It seems like its not getting fuel...?

Is my PCM screwed?[/b]

I'll be the first to offer..i have a stock PCM (if you need it, i have no clue)

02DyeFour

There can be only One...
Mar 13, 2008
Oak Forest/DeKalb
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Fish @ Apr 15 2008, 05:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Did it start at all? Are your connections to the PCM secure?? Did you plug them in the right way?[/b]

It started up the first time, then i hit the button and it died. Now, it doesn't start at all, it doesnt even try. It turns over just fine but thats it. The connections are on there tight. Theyre on there the right way.

02DyeFour

There can be only One...
Mar 13, 2008
Oak Forest/DeKalb
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Fish @ Apr 15 2008, 06:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Unplug it and try again. Did you plug it into pin 21 on the clear or blue side?? If the connection was mixed, the PCM might not like it. I dont see you frying a PCM, but I could be wrong.[/b]

I unplugged it, still doesnt work. I disconnected the shift wire, that doesnt work.

Pin 21 on the clear side.

Also, my "TCS OFF" light is on.

got3800.com

TCG Elite Member
Sep 3, 2007
Carpentersville, IL
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Fish @ Apr 15 2008, 06:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Unplug it and try again. Did you plug it into pin 21 on the clear or blue side?? If the connection was mixed, the PCM might not like it. I dont see you frying a PCM, but I could be wrong.[/b]
Me either but im just trying to unload it.....

where do you live? we could meet up this weekend, try it out and if your car starts you can have it....

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info