3800 I normally don't whore my shows on here

Kyle

TCG Elite Member
Dec 30, 2008
Downers Grove
But after the weak turn out at our show at Stage 83 this weekend I could use the ego boost of a nice turn out.

Details:
04/19/2008 09:00 PM - The End Zone
1650 N. Farnsworth Ave.
Aurora, Illinois 60505
Cost:$5

Survival of the Ego,Spark Plug Assassins , Axiom, A Light in the Attic. 21+.

I know there are a lot of members in the west suburbs so I thought this might be worth while to post.

Sound is great there and its pretty convenient to get to being just off of 88 and Farnsworth.

I stopped dumping money into my car and into this band about a year ago, so stop out and see what has cured my mod addiction. B)

EDIT:
Also maybe I should mention that we're a Rock/Punk band.

Also I play guitar/sing a little in case you were wondering.

Kyle

TCG Elite Member
Dec 30, 2008
Downers Grove
well yes and no.

We're in the process of doing actual recording at the moment.

We have a myspace. Survival of th Ego However the songs on there are just songs that the singer and I each did on computers on our time separately from the band as a whole.

Best place to get a decent idea would be our You Tube account.

Though most of those videos are old and which means different second guitarist, and the songs sound a little different now.

However sands the sound quality it is a generally good representation of us.

I

imported_Ron Vogel

Good luck, I know how it feels to dump a bunch of money and time into a band and have a crappy show turnout. You need to find avenues to get new people to attend your shows. We would get the same group of people at all our shows, and after they heard the same music over and over, the attendance would wain.

So, you need to keep the regulars by doing something they can talk about after the show, and find new ways to get fresh people in.

Btw...I just surpassed your friend count, lol.

Kyle

TCG Elite Member
Dec 30, 2008
Downers Grove
Well normally the turn out is pretty good (considering we've only been playing shows since late november) but even with a big turn out Stage 83 can look pretty empty.

We're getting new people in, its just hard when we're CD-less at the moment (i think maybe we're trying a little to hard for our first EP/Demo however you only make a first impression once).

Good job on the friends Ron, I don't even bother adding people with the band myspace yet, because like I said there is really no music to be shown so its pretty pointless.

But yeah we'll be playing first this weekend (we requested it after playing last at this venue last time and having a pretty weak crowd) so it won't be a late night if anyone decides to come out.

I

imported_Ron Vogel

Well, if you get a decent turnout by fan sharing...do something OUTRAGEOUS.

Like drop your pants during a set...sounds extreme, but works.

Or do a cool cover, and have a contest to find audience members to sing it...and pick the drunkest ones.

Have an onstage peirceing or tattoo during your set.

Just some ideas.

We did the pants dropping thing a bunch, always a crowd pleaser. We used to do our first couple songs with hats on, then flip them off and headbang during a slow to heavy transition (Looks uber cool with long hair). Sing to a few chicks in the audience is good (Helps getting laid anyway), I once had a girl grab me and lick my face doing this. Other guys notice this, and will hit up your shows thinking they can meet chicks there.

Kyle

TCG Elite Member
Dec 30, 2008
Downers Grove
Well I'm sure my girlfriend who is at every show wouldn't really appreciate girls licking my face.
However the beating she would throw to said face licker would probably be great entertainment.

Currently our Folsom Prison cover has been doing pretty well, people seem to be liking it and the dynamics of it are pretty big.

I'll guess we'll work on our show/ridiculousness factors a little, while no pants have been dropped, we did get a someone that yelled "show your dicks" at the last show.

I'm honestly surprised my bassist/singer didn't, it usually doesn't even require being asked for him to do that.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info

• Kyle
    Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list