3800 Traffic to Palatine?

98GTPDriva

TCG Elite Member
Jun 24, 2008
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Edmond @ Apr 12 2008, 10:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I have to go to Palatine at 9:00am on Wednesday. I'll be coming from the south suburbs.

I'll be taking 355 north from 80. I'll take 355 up to 290 and then 53 to Palatine road.

If I leave at 6:30am, how would traffic be?

It's a job interview so I do not want to be late by any means.[/b]

I just moved out of Palatine after 14 years and I commuted daily on 355 for the past 1.5 years. 355 is the least congested of them all. You should fly to 88, then it will get more congested as you go North. When you hit around Biesterfield (Elk Grove Village) it will become very congested because of 90 itself, construction on the 90 bridge (on 53) which has the express lanes down to one lane and then right after that, you have traffic merging from 90 on to 53 North. Palatine Rd. is about 4 miles or so North of 90. I usually can make it from Palatine Rd. to 88 in <25 minutes, but with all of the construction, I would double it.

I hope that helps.

Where are you interviewing in Palatine. Maybe I can give you a shortcut or some place to chill and eat while you are out there (if you are too early).

AjL227

Do You Even?
Feb 19, 2008
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Edmond @ Apr 13 2008, 09:46 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (98GTPDriva @ Apr 13 2008, 09:22 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I have to go to Palatine at 9:00am on Where are you interviewing in Palatine. Maybe I can give you a shortcut or some place to chill and eat while you are out there (if you are too early).[/b]

I'll be interviewing at the Palatine Police Department.
[/b][/quote]

When you get the job, let me know what its like to be a cop. ;)

Royalgtp

TCG Elite Member
Dec 24, 2008
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (98GTPDriva @ Apr 13 2008, 09:22 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Edmond @ Apr 12 2008, 10:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I have to go to Palatine at 9:00am on Wednesday. I'll be coming from the south suburbs.

I'll be taking 355 north from 80. I'll take 355 up to 290 and then 53 to Palatine road.

I just moved out of Palatine after 14 years and I commuted daily on 355 for the past 1.5 years. 355 is the least congested of them all. You should fly to 88, then it will get more congested as you go North. When you hit around Biesterfield (Elk Grove Village) it will become very congested because of 90 itself, construction on the 90 bridge (on 53) which has the express lanes down to one lane and then right after that, you have traffic merging from 90 on to 53 North. Palatine Rd. is about 4 miles or so North of 90. I usually can make it from Palatine Rd. to 88 in <25 minutes, but with all of the construction, I would double it.

I hope that helps.

Where are you interviewing in Palatine. Maybe I can give you a shortcut or some place to chill and eat while you are out there (if you are too early).
[/b][/quote]

Yep, north sucks in the morning. I 355 will be great till near I88....then it will ease up till about biesterfield and continue to be heavy near 90 and woodfield mall. Stay to the left express lanes and dont get caught up on the 90W crap going on.

Royalgtp

TCG Elite Member
Dec 24, 2008
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (98GTPDriva @ Apr 13 2008, 09:22 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Edmond @ Apr 12 2008, 10:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I hope that helps.

[/b][/quote]

Yep, north sucks in the morning. I 355 will be great till near I88....then it will ease up till about biesterfield and continue to be heavy near 90 and woodfield mall. Stay to the left express lanes and dont get caught up on the 90W crap going on.

98GTPDriva

TCG Elite Member
Jun 24, 2008
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Edmond @ Apr 14 2008, 12:47 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Would 294 be any better?

I could take that as well, it's just 3-4 miles out of my way.[/b]

294 has construction everywhere, and where you would exit at Willow Rd. (Palatine Rd.) has construction all on it and it a mess during the morning/evening rush hour. Stick with 355/290/53.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info