3800 WTB F Body 12" Brakes

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (got3800.com @ Apr 18 2008, 10:16 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
quick question about these...when you guys do the break upgrades, do you install your front brake calipers on the rear? or is this even possible?

as i will be purchasing some pretty soon as well.[/b]

Nope
We leave the rear alone.
Only upgrade the front to 12" rotors and dual piston calipers :)

got3800.com

TCG Elite Member
Sep 3, 2007
Carpentersville, IL
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Makdaddy @ Apr 18 2008, 10:57 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (got3800.com @ Apr 18 2008, 10:16 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
quick question about these...when you guys do the break upgrades, do you install your front brake calipers on the rear? or is this even possible?

Nope
We leave the rear alone.
[/b][/quote]
is mounting different? is that why?

Im looking at buying the Corvette calapers with matching rears....what do you think? It wont be this auction but one simalar.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/97-04-Corve...sspagenameZWDVW

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (got3800.com @ Apr 18 2008, 11:49 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Makdaddy @ Apr 18 2008, 10:57 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (got3800.com @ Apr 18 2008, 10:16 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Nope
We leave the rear alone.
[/b][/quote]
is mounting different? is that why?

Im looking at buying the Corvette calapers with matching rears....what do you think? It wont be this auction but one simalar.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/97-04-Corve...sspagenameZWDVW
[/b][/quote]

Those calipers will work for the front, but you will need brackets. ususally from like a 98 to 02 camero

got3800.com

TCG Elite Member
Sep 3, 2007
Carpentersville, IL
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (emersonhart13 @ Apr 18 2008, 12:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
There is nothing you can do with the backs other than upgraded stock components, or a kit.

The front is where most of the braking happens anyway.[/b]
yea i know, i just dont like to leave things stock...lol

you guys are saying the back vette calipers wont fit then? I should just find a sale with the fronts only?

JJ91284

Regular
Sep 29, 2008
I'm actually have a set of rear vette calipers that I'm going to try to get installed on my gtp. I have the fronts already installed and they work beautifully. The main reason why I want upgraded rear calipers along with bigger brackets is so I don't end up warping my rear rotors. I'm on my 3rd set as I warped my factor rotors as well as my Raybestos PG rotors (which are good). I want rear vented rotors which will cool that much better

got3800.com

TCG Elite Member
Sep 3, 2007
Carpentersville, IL
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (jj91284 @ Apr 18 2008, 05:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I'm actually have a set of rear vette calipers that I'm going to try to get installed on my gtp. I have the fronts already installed and they work beautifully. The main reason why I want upgraded rear calipers along with bigger brackets is so I don't end up warping my rear rotors. I'm on my 3rd set as I warped my factor rotors as well as my Raybestos PG rotors (which are good). I want rear vented rotors which will cool that much better[/b]
let me know how that goes...take some pictures when you work on it too....

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (jj91284 @ Apr 18 2008, 05:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I'm actually have a set of rear vette calipers that I'm going to try to get installed on my gtp. I have the fronts already installed and they work beautifully. The main reason why I want upgraded rear calipers along with bigger brackets is so I don't end up warping my rear rotors. I'm on my 3rd set as I warped my factor rotors as well as my Raybestos PG rotors (which are good). I want rear vented rotors which will cool that much better[/b]

So tyhe corvettes worked for you.
Where did you get them Please

got3800.com

TCG Elite Member
Sep 3, 2007
Carpentersville, IL
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Makdaddy @ Apr 26 2008, 05:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (jj91284 @ Apr 18 2008, 05:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

So tyhe corvettes worked for you.
Where did you get them Please
[/b][/quote]
ebay is the best place that i know of my friend.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (got3800.com @ Apr 18 2008, 02:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (emersonhart13 @ Apr 18 2008, 12:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
There is nothing you can do with the backs other than upgraded stock components, or a kit.

The front is where most of the braking happens anyway.[/b]
yea i know, i just dont like to leave things stock...lol

you guys are saying the back vette calipers wont fit then? I should just find a sale with the fronts only?
[/b][/quote]

Yea C5 rears wont work Brackets are different
But the C5 fronts will work with F Body brackets and pads

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info