3800 FS:2001 Black GTP

Drob8

Jan 27, 2008
I just picked up a new 2008 G8 GT and need to unload my GTP. She was a good car that pulled a 13.7 @ 103 in her prime.

General Info:
137,000 miles
Some minor body damage on hood and front fascia
Needs suspension work (left lower control arm bushings and right wheel is squeaky)
Has a bent wheel
Needs blower resistor pack
Possible DIC issues (maybe related to resistor pack)

The goodies:
TOG Headers (original headers will come in a box)
3.25 pulley (3.4 and 3.8 pulleys will come in a box)
Borla cat-back exhaust
U-bend removal
Grand Prix Store PCM

She's a fixer-upper...asking $3,000 obo. Please reply or contact via email: [email protected]

Thanks.

Mike
Side.jpg

Front.jpg

Rear.jpg

TOG1.jpg

TOG2.jpg

I

imported_1fastGTP

my friend... clean that engine and swap that 3.25 for a 3.4 before you kiss that engine goodbye... otherwise you shouldnt have a problem selling it for that price. I'd keep this for a daily tho... i couldnt drive that g8 in snow! bump for ya!

Drob8

Jan 27, 2008
Thanks for the tip 1fast. I'll clean her up a little more and get some new pics up.

I was considering keeping as a DD, but I can't do ANY of the work on my own. If I could get the suspension taken care of cheaply and the blower/resistor pack fixed, I might just keep it to also control mileage on the G8. The thing isn't even a month old and it's got over 2,000 miles on it.

Mike

AjL227

Do You Even?
Feb 19, 2008
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Drob8 @ Apr 6 2008, 12:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Thanks for the tip 1fast. I'll clean her up a little more and get some new pics up.

I was considering keeping as a DD, but I can't do ANY of the work on my own. If I could get the suspension taken care of cheaply and the blower/resistor pack fixed, I might just keep it to also control mileage on the G8. The thing isn't even a month old and it's got over 2,000 miles on it.

Mike[/b]

Send some pictures of that G8. Front, back, engine, interior, etc. Also don't forget some videos, I want to see it in action.

Drob8

Jan 27, 2008
Some pics of my G8. I should've taken some today after I got her washed. Man was it nice outside!

Sport Pedals
IMG_7202.jpg

Cool DIC
IMG_7206.jpg

Clean Sunroof
IMG_7211.jpg

Nice Ass
IMG_7214.jpg

Front-end
IMG_7215.jpg

Videos:

Most would say I was dumb...I say opportunistic. I was able to be the beta car for the Vector Motorsports performance tune, so I had the computer updated at about 350 miles. I ended up missing the post-tune dyno, but I do have the stock dyno as well as the post-tune with mock CAI dyno. The CAI had to come off, but it definitely showed the potential the car had if you opened it up a little bit. CAI and Exhaust are next and then I'm probably done for 5 years/100K miles. :)

Overall gains were 30.3RWHP (304.8 to 335.1) and 32.7lb-ft RWTQ (315.3 to 348). We're estimating that at about 396HP and 411lb-ft at the flywheel with about 15.5% drivetrain loss.

Stock Run:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oee4_UO2JyU

Mock CAI:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xuF9I_3twiY

Enjoy! I'll try to get some pics of the engine and interior.

Mike

Rich

Regular
Oct 7, 2008
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Drob8 @ Apr 6 2008, 11:36 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

Mike[/b]
The blower motor resistor is only like $30, and super easy to swap out. 15 minutes tops.....you need to be a bit flexible to get under the dash and get to it. I have replaced mine twice.

~Rich

AjL227

Do You Even?
Feb 19, 2008
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (emersonhart13 @ Apr 7 2008, 12:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (AjL227 @ Apr 6 2008, 11:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Looks nice, I don't like the back end though, with the 3rd brake lights down by the wheels?? But other than that, looks like it has potential.[/b]

Are you serious?

Those are reflectors... :lolsign:
[/b][/quote]

Oops, my mistake. :blink:

Drob8

Jan 27, 2008
Got3800 - I want to keep the car as-is for now. If I go a month or so with no luck, I might consider though. I've got one guy interested, but he's in Atlanta so we're going back and forth a little right now.

Transmission is stock, but remanufactured from GM. Had issues at 74,500...the dealer had it for 3 weeks before they finally popped and dropped a remaufactured one in there. It's been great since. In fact, I think I have a shift kit somewhere that I never put on because I was too nervous.

Yes...the pieces on the back bottom are reflectors. We've already have a few people on the G8Board blacken them out. I don't care too much about them, but I agree, I think if they lit up, I'd take the bulbs out. :)

Rich - If you want to offer up some help (heck...instructions are probably all I need), I'd give the blower resistor a shot. That should help me figure out if it's the resistor pack or the DIC or both.

As for Village...I sort of had an in. Plus, when they did the trans repair in the GTP, they were really cool when they noticed that the VIN on the PCM didn't match the VIN on my car... :blink: They left the PCM alone and replaced the trans anyhow. I'm sure they could've suggested that the increased blah blah blah and told me to go f-off.

Thanks for all the compliments on the G8. If you see me around...say hey!

Mike

got3800.com

TCG Elite Member
Sep 3, 2007
Carpentersville, IL
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Drob8 @ Apr 7 2008, 09:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Got3800 - I want to keep the car as-is for now. If I go a month or so with no luck, I might consider though. I've got one guy interested, but he's in Atlanta so we're going back and forth a little right now.[/b]
ha ha, i dont have a chance in hell.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info