3800 Beginning mods came today!!

02DyeFour

There can be only One...
Mar 13, 2008
Oak Forest/DeKalb
I thought about that. Thought hard about that. But I imagine, because I would go on Sunday, that the track is probably going to be packed being the first weekend open. Also, my oil is just about shit, tranny fluid needs to be changed. I wouldn't want to run without doing those first and I don't have the means or the money to do that before Sunday. I don't know yet though, still considering getting a base time.

got3800.com

TCG Elite Member
Sep 3, 2007
Carpentersville, IL
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (GPJeff @ Apr 4 2008, 05:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I thought about that. Thought hard about that. But I imagine, because I would go on Sunday, that the track is probably going to be packed being the first weekend open. Also, my oil is just about shit, tranny fluid needs to be changed. I wouldn't want to run without doing those first and I don't have the means or the money to do that before Sunday. I don't know yet though, still considering getting a base time.[/b]

yea i wish that i had done that with mine... <_<

Royalgtp

TCG Elite Member
Dec 24, 2008
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Rich @ Apr 4 2008, 04:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Congrats on the new stuff......now the fun begins, because no matter what you buy its just enver enough!!

~Rich[/b]

And eventually, you will reach a plateau of time, money and not enough speed and get an even faster car. The GP is a great starter car to mod with the M90 and then move on to bigger and better things. Have fun. :)

02DyeFour

There can be only One...
Mar 13, 2008
Oak Forest/DeKalb
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (RoyalGTP @ Apr 5 2008, 03:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Rich @ Apr 4 2008, 04:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Congrats on the new stuff......now the fun begins, because no matter what you buy its just enver enough!!

~Rich[/b]

And eventually, you will reach a plateau of time, money and not enough speed and get an even faster car. The GP is a great starter car to mod with the M90 and then move on to bigger and better things. Have fun. :)
[/b][/quote]

I'm not really planning on doing a whole bunch of mods. I'm not much of a racer so I'm not planning on doing any big type of mod (intercooler, new S/C, ...etc). I think I'll still to just some intake, exhaust, and apperance mods. Money is a big issue with me so I'm realistic with my car and it's possiblities.

On a side note, just installed my FWI because I got access to some tools. Took me about an hour. That thing is amazing!

I read somewhere you have to take the bumper off. I don't see why. My instructions that I found, they are for a Speedbuilt FWI, said to even remove the tire. Now, removing the tire would have made things a LOT easier, but I did it without removing the tire. The only reason it took an hour was just finding all the bolts for the fender well and removing it around the tire. Which meant turning the wheels over and over. It would have taken me like 20-30 mins to do it with the tire off.

Next up, Performance Shift Knob.

02DyeFour

There can be only One...
Mar 13, 2008
Oak Forest/DeKalb
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (AjL227 @ Apr 6 2008, 03:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (GPJeff @ Apr 4 2008, 08:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (AjL227 @ Apr 4 2008, 08:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
What year is your car? And is it a GTP?[/b]

2002 GTP. As of now, no Performance mods
[/b][/quote]

With that new intake, are you starting to love that S/C whine?
[/b][/quote]

LOVING the S/C whine, HATING watching the gas go away. Since now its about getting my RPMs above 3000, because that's when I hear it.

AjL227

Do You Even?
Feb 19, 2008
Yeah, I know exactly what you mean. I usually just drive a lil over the speed limit and don't accelerate around too fast to conserve gas. But every time to time I give the S/C a good whine to turn heads. I have noticed better mileage with the intake as well. So its a win win as long as you don't floor it everytime.

02DyeFour

There can be only One...
Mar 13, 2008
Oak Forest/DeKalb
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (AjL227 @ Apr 6 2008, 11:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Yeah, I know exactly what you mean. I usually just drive a lil over the speed limit and don't accelerate around too fast to conserve gas. But every time to time I give the S/C a good whine to turn heads. I have noticed better mileage with the intake as well. So its a win win as long as you don't floor it everytime.[/b]

Well, since it was the first weekend, I wasn't flooring it, but making sure it reved up enough to hear it. I'm over that now, back to normal driving.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info