3800 FS: 2000 Daytona GTP (Carbondale, IL area)

AFGuy0127

Apr 19, 2008
So the time has come for me to move on, and pass this car on to someone else. Right now, I don't have pics, the weather has been way too crappy lately to get any. As soon as it clear up, I'll get some pics up on here. On to the details:

It's a 2000 Daytona GTP, 899xx miles, the side graphics have been replaced with custom red and black.

Mods (If I can't sell, will part these out most likely):
JMB powdercoated red intake (will come with a K&N 9" cone filter installed, 7" S&B cone filter in a box)
V1 ZZP Powerlog, rear pem, all black ceramic coated
JimmyC v2.5 downpipe
PRJ Plug wires
ZZP Radiator w/ Flex-a-lite fans
Many ZZP hard trans parts, brand new WBS street revs torque converter, freshly built trans.
LS1 front brakes, x-drilled, slotted, zinc coated rotors front and rear, braided lines.
GMPP handling kit (rear installed, front bar in trunk)
KYB GR-2 struts

The Not-so-good
Needs tires
Rear bumper has two screw-head indentions and is wrinkled a tiny bit under the license plate frame from when someone tapped the rear end at a stoplight.
Dashboard above gauge cluster has a little triangle piece missing
Rearview mirror leaked (have an Onstar mirror to replace it with)
Coolant leak (I'm pretty sure it's the lower rad hose coming off the rad itself, I just need the time to fix it before I sell it)

Any questions, don't hesitate to ask. Like I said, as soon as this weather clears up, I'm going to clean it up, get pics up of the car overall and the trouble spots on the car I mentioned.

Looking to get $6500, obo

I'm located around the Carbondale, IL area, and honestly I'm looking to get rid of this car soon, as I'm moving in about a month. Make an offer if you're interested, and we'll see what we can work up. If I can't sell it, I will most likely be parting out the mods, and trading it in.

AFGuy0127

Apr 19, 2008
Thanks for the replies. I'm definitely looking to sell as a whole first, so I want to try and go that route first. But 2Ton, I'd need your struts off your car to swap with the ones on mine, I don't have my old ones anymore.

got3800, I would need to swap lines with you, I don't have the old lines around anymore either. No, haven't put it on craigslist, I just posted this last night and I haven't had a chance to put it there yet. Thanks for the suggestion.

got3800.com

TCG Elite Member
Sep 3, 2007
Carpentersville, IL
got3800, I would need to swap lines with you, I don't have the old lines around anymore either. No, haven't put it on craigslist, I just posted this last night and I haven't had a chance to put it there yet. Thanks for the suggestion.
[/quote]

no problem, i can just give you my complete set up if you want them, hopefully you have pads though as ive been holding off on buying new ones (wishing for a new brake upgrade) so that i could put that money to a new set up instead of stock parts.

let me know if you want me to come there and help you out to....

what kind of $ we looking at for that? as funds are short currently.

AFGuy0127

Apr 19, 2008
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (2TonGTP @ Apr 4 2008, 07:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Yeah im def. interested in some things maybe the plog, and any suspension upgrades along with the struts. Keep me posted through the week and maybe we could work something out for a weekend to buy and swap parts.[/b]

Alright, that sounds good. I'll post up more info on what I'm doing with it as next weekend draws closer.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (got3800.com @ Apr 5 2008, 01:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
no problem, i can just give you my complete set up if you want them, hopefully you have pads though as ive been holding off on buying new ones (wishing for a new brake upgrade) so that i could put that money to a new set up instead of stock parts.

let me know if you want me to come there and help you out to....

what kind of $ we looking at for that? as funds are short currently.[/b]

I'd just need the lines, and I can just buy some pads to hold it over for a trade-in. I still have the calipers, brackets, and rotors from when I pulled off the stock parts. As far as price, I'll get those lined out when I'm closer to actually going this route.

Ok, just to keep you guys updated on what's going on, the car had to go back to the transmission shop this morning. I was having a surging issue at highway cruise speeds, around 50 mph and up. I was also getting a noticeable jolt in the car when slowing to a stop, and I think it was either the 3rd to 2nd downshift, or the 2nd to 1st downshift. So since I had just had it worked on in there, I took it back. I don't want to sell a car with an issue like that. But, I should have it back I'd say by Wednesday at the latest. I'll keep you guys posted as I get info. I realize this might deter some of you, but I'd honestly rather keep this kind of information out in the open.

AFGuy0127

Apr 19, 2008
I'm sorry guys, both for those of you that were interested in the car, and in the parts, I'm having to take this car off the market for a couple of months. I couldn't get things worked out with what I'm getting right now, so I have to keep this car so I have some mode of transportation. I apologize guys, I didn't expect this to happen.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info

• A
    Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list