3800 Can I get away with?

smknL67

Regular
Aug 7, 2007
Bensenville
Ok so I finally stopped being lazy and took off my 1.9 rockers. Now here is my question. When I put the stock rockers back on the car will I have to put the re-usable rocker bolts with the stock rockers? Or will I be able to re-use the stock rocker bolts with the stock rockers (using lock tite) since I'm putting the stock rockers back on? I really don't want to leave the reusable rocker bolts on the heads. I'm trying to have everything ready in the case that I find my next project car (hopefully soon).

BTW, I lost a stock pedastal anybody want to sell me one? I don't to leave a modified pedastal in my car since Its going to be sold :ph34r:

thanx,

Paco

I

imported_snoop

yep what phat said, i have done dozens of rockers, and a whole bunch of cams and vary rarley do i use brand new bolts. unless the customer/person has them and wants them in, then i will install them, but it is not necessary. you will be fine(but you do need that pedastal :p )

Sinister Drag Designs

SinisterDragDesigns.com
Aug 3, 2007
Chicago, IL
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (smknL67 @ Apr 2 2008, 11:21 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Ok so I finally stopped being lazy and took off my 1.9 rockers. Now here is my question. When I put the stock rockers back on the car will I have to put the re-usable rocker bolts with the stock rockers? Or will I be able to re-use the stock rocker bolts with the stock rockers (using lock tite) since I'm putting the stock rockers back on? I really don't want to leave the reusable rocker bolts on the heads. I'm trying to have everything ready in the case that I find my next project car (hopefully soon).

BTW, I lost a stock pedastal anybody want to sell me one? I don't to leave a modified pedastal in my car since Its going to be sold :ph34r:

thanx,

Paco[/b]
well i guess you dont need those heads anymore
i have plenty of pedistals in stock, you can take your pick

phat_ridegt

TCG Elite Member
Sep 16, 2007
Ottawa
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (superchargedgp @ Apr 4 2008, 12:18 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
everytime you reuse a torque to yield bolt, it becomes about 25% weaker

for 10 bucks, why chance it,[/b]

not true. they can stretch, which then make then require more torque to produce the same clamping power, and how much would depend on how much torque angle the bolt requires. iicr torque spec is like 25ft lbs and 30* or something like that?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div>
if you cant afford it, dont mod it[/b]

i agree 100% here though

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info