3800 Performance Shift Knob

02DyeFour

There can be only One...
Mar 13, 2008
Oak Forest/DeKalb
I just received a performance shift knob today. I have never installed one of these before and I found some instructions for it. I bought it from Ed Morad.

Anyway, the knob I received has the shift button and two 6 inch wires coming from it. My friend also ordered one awhile ago and his came with 10 feet of wiring to connect it to the computer. Mine does not have the 10 feet of wiring. When I contacted Ed he wasn't sure what I was talking about.

Does anyone know exactly what I need to install the knob?

btw I have a 02 GP.

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
I dont even know if 10 feet of wiring will due. You will need PCM connection pins as well. I forget which one, but IIRC you connect one wire to pin 21 on the blue side. Its been years since I had to do this so I would look it up just in case. The other is just for ground. You can unscrew a bolt somewhere and ground it there. I did it under the dash.

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
Ed wont be able to help you. When I bought a PS shifter for my old car it came with aboutn 6 INCHES of wire. Just head to radio shack and get some wire. Solder it together and run it to the engine bay. It is not worth bothering Ed for $2 worth of wire.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info

• 02DyeFour
    Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list