3800 Codes...how do i fix.

got3800.com

TCG Elite Member
Sep 3, 2007
Carpentersville, IL
Well as some of you may know i have a SES light on....well i scanned the car recently and found out that ive got more codes than i thought.....so the following are the codes. Any info on how i can fix this shit would be appreciated.

P0131 HO2S Circuit Low Voltage Bank 1 Sensor 1
P0134 HO2S Circuit Insufficient Activity Bank 1 Sensor 1
P0137 HO2S Circuit Low Voltage Bank 1 Sensor 2
P0171 Fuel Trim System Lean Bank 1
P1133 Bank 1 Fuel Control Shifted Lean (FAOSC)

I saw the low voltage ones before but when i stuck a new battery in the car they turned off for awhile.....now there back. I had the alternator tested to and it passed. Somethings got to be up. Help?

Thanks in advance!

phat_ridegt

TCG Elite Member
Sep 16, 2007
Ottawa
what pcm do you have in the car? any other mods? more than likely,you need a front o2 sensor. the low voltage doesnt mean the car itself is low on voltage, it means the o2 sensor is sending a lower than normal voltage to the pcm.

*the o2 sensor, 'senses' oxygen, and converts that to a voltage, and thats how the pcm determines how much fuel to add/subtract from the fuel curve*

id start with a front o2, and then have someone delete the code for the rear o2, you dont need it.

the 1133 code will probably go away when you replace the o2 sensor...

got3800.com

TCG Elite Member
Sep 3, 2007
Carpentersville, IL
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (phat_ridegt @ Mar 29 2008, 02:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
what pcm do you have in the car? any other mods?[/b]

i have a stock pcm currently...on a stock tune as well...all my mods can be seen in the garage...

only other thing that ive done is a EGR valve delete (which there are codes for that as well but i didnt post those cuz i obviously know why)......

got3800.com

TCG Elite Member
Sep 3, 2007
Carpentersville, IL
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Fish @ Mar 30 2008, 01:14 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Switching the PCM will do 2 things. Jack and Shit.[/b]
duh.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div>
check the ground wire[/b]
Which one?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div>
i'd get the front HO2S taken care of soon[/b]
anyone have one or know where i can get one cheap?

Thanks all.

I

imported_snoop

the ground wire that runs to the "chassis" of the car from the ground terminal of the battery. sometimes that gets corroded or whatever. not likely. you can get a 02 sensor from autozone or some place like that for just short of a arm and a leg. lol. nah but for real, dont really know any place that has a good deal with those sensors sorry.

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (emersonhart13 @ Apr 2 2008, 05:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
O2 Sensor -> Order the Denso online, the Bosch is a POS... The OEM AC Delco will work nicely as well.

The Ground wire is under the battery if I recall correctly, clean it up.

John[/b]

Its right by the battery under the fuse box.

got3800.com

TCG Elite Member
Sep 3, 2007
Carpentersville, IL
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (phat_ridegt @ Apr 3 2008, 10:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
checking the grounds is always a good thing, buti dont think it has anything to do with your codes. get the front o2 sensor, and either get a spoof, or get the code erased from your pcm for the rear...[/b]

well, alright, ill just bust out for a new one then... (trying to get work to cover it for me again) :lolsign:

is there any type thats better over another? anything better for the "performance" side?

i.e. (Denso > AC Delco > Bosch???)

horist

Geek
Nov 10, 2008
Lake Zurich
you could always use your rear O2 sensor in front... both are the same sensor (wire length may be different though) ....

edit:

N/M saw you're getting sensor 2 code also... it'd be odd that both sensors would set a code (unless rear is already removed) .... I would do as others said and check grounding first

I think you mentioned you have HP Tuners.... scan both O2 sensors and see what the voltage reads at... if it's pretty steady/constant, it's likely not the O2 sensor

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info