3800 Reoccuring DTC code

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
Probably once a month or every 6 weeks, Ill get a P1441 code. For those that dont know....

DTC P1441 Evaporative Emission (EVAP) System Flow During Non-Purge

Normally it will go away after a week. However that doesnt mean that there is no problem. What would be the cause?? Would swapping the EVAP canister help any or am I looking in the wrong place??

Dont go WOT if you have this code. Auto 2* of KR.

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
I already changed my gas cap. If you recall on the garage, the reason I said Fuck one day is because I forgot to put my gas cap back on cause I was too busy talking to a milf and she distracted me. :lolsign:

So its still coming on with a new gas cap.

phat_ridegt

TCG Elite Member
Sep 16, 2007
Ottawa
the evap system vents fumes from the fuel tank/system to the atmosphere, and also relieves pressure from the fuel tank. that code is telling the pcm that the purge solinoid is not working correctly. probably sticking open a little. i would just remove the purge, and just delete the codes. NO adverse affects to the car or emissions

Turbocharged400sbc

3800 & 4T80E > ALL
TCG Premium
Jun 16, 2007
hangover park IL
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Fish @ Apr 6 2008, 04:53 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
So I cleared the code and it came back again. Before the EVAP code popped up, I was running 0 KR. Now the highest Ive ever seen is 4* at WOT. None while cruising. Can the EVAP really be this big of a PITA?[/b]

on older GM's i've seen it quite a bit.
there are activated carbon pellets in the evap canister what i saw repeatedly was that the little crap would intermittently get stuck in the purge solenoid hanging it open.
(almost never happens to the vent solenoid, that bugger usually failed cause of road grime on its filter, due to the location, behind drivers rear tire behind the shield, but thats a different failure)
you can replace the cannister but try this simple fix i've used countless times...
go to a yard equipment place/parts store and pick up one of those 1-2$ CLEAR plastic inline filters. remove the purge solenoid from the engine, blow it out and then do it again with it energized, this should clean it out well, take the line that goes from the evap cannister to the purge and shove the filter in the line, use a small hose to connect the other side to the purge solenoid.

what you will notice is that the filter will start to fill up with small black particles but it will still allow flow and keep the Acarbon from sticking the purge open. when it gets full (avg of one to 3 months) take it out and dump the garanules on the ground.

hey it works and its cheap, my kinda fix :lolsign: i'll talk to Al and get back to ya later fishy

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info