3800 06'+ Civic or Jetta TDI

• Thread starter imported_Theautoguy
  • Start date

smknL67

Regular
Aug 7, 2007
Bensenville
I think you'll fit fine in either one. I've driven both but the vw is more expensive to fix but more economical plus you can run that diesel with vegetable oil which can be attainable for free. The civic requires less maintnance but is less fuel efficient.

I would go for the vw just cause I'm cheap and I would do the vegetable oil conversion.

Btw I love the 36 mpg of my new corolla

Aircal

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Nov 10, 2008
Countryside
Real Name
Tom callahan
Unless the 06 civic is a good size bigger than an 05 I don't think you will like it. I drove a 05 for 2 weeks 90 miles each way and was so glad to get rid of it. I also thought it got horrible real world gas mileage. I had to really push it hard to not get run over and it just sucked the gas up doing that. Once I could get out and set the cruise it got good mileage but not enough to overcome the traffic gas mileage. Also thought it bounced around way to much.
I sold an 07 Kia spectra today, 9k miles for 11,998. Seemed a good solid car with really good gas mileage. Lots of seat adjustments to get comfy with. I have not done any long distance driving in one. But worth looking over.

I

imported_Theautoguy

6'10" Jesus Chist, you're going to be a bitch to buy a casket for when you die! LOL

As for the new job thing...or moving closer...Rockford doesn't pay the kind of money Chicago does for my level of academics and experience and Chicago can't even come close to the cost-of-living value here in Rockford. It sucks any way I look at it.

The 05' and 06' Civic at least appear completely different.

I

imported_Theautoguy

Well, after a day of test drives I think I like the Sentra and Prius over the Civic! Go figure.

I drove a Civic, Scion xD, Prius and Sentra; I want to drive the Fit, Civic Hybrid and the Versa next weekend.

The Civic didn't seem to have enough oomph to get into traffic in Chicago but the others did. The Civic's e-brake was a bit intrusive but the Sentra, Versa and Prius fit nicely.

The Jetta was roomy but I won't see enough savings to accomidate the added cost; a used Jetta TDI is pretty equal to the cost of a used Prius!

Thusfar, the Sentra is leading due to a larger car feel, good gas mileage and enough oomph to get into traffic.

Any thoughts on the Sentra?

Aircal

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Nov 10, 2008
Countryside
Real Name
Tom callahan
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Theautoguy @ Mar 22 2008, 06:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Well, after a day of test drives I think I like the Sentra and Prius over the Civic! Go figure.

I drove a Civic, Scion xD, Prius and Sentra; I want to drive the Fit, Civic Hybrid and the Versa next weekend.

The Civic didn't seem to have enough oomph to get into traffic in Chicago but the others did. The Civic's e-brake was a bit intrusive but the Sentra, Versa and Prius fit nicely.

The Jetta was roomy but I won't see enough savings to accomidate the added cost; a used Jetta TDI is pretty equal to the cost of a used Prius!

Thusfar, the Sentra is leading due to a larger car feel, good gas mileage and enough oomph to get into traffic.

Any thoughts on the Sentra?[/b]

Versa has a lot of room inside, I was suprised. Sentra gives you the most for you money compared to honda and toyota, I would say. Same civic problem I had, the dang thing goes nowhere unless you really really gun it.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info