3800 WTF happened

2000GTPK

Regular
Nov 18, 2008
so this morning i wake up and i take my car out., theres a loud squeek mixed a rattling light grinding sound coming from around one of the pulleys. couldnt really pinpoint.

i figured it was just a bad belt cuz its got more then enough cracks.

i went to my g/f house and it drove fine. started to go home and i smell something burning. i know my car has a leaky LIM and a front VC gasket so i thought it was one of those. a WS-6 pulls next to me and i go to race him and i gain NO BOOST AT ALL. nothing. the supercharger doesnt even whine.

so i pull over and pop the hood. my belt to the SC is laying off. well ok that explains alot but why is the belt off. heres what i found. can someone explain this to me.

mind you the messed up pulley spins freely so its NOT locked up. also noticed how only HALF the belt is worn. nothing was like this at 11am this morn.

S5002047.jpg

S5002043.jpg

S5002044.jpg

can someone also explain to me what this is. i think its what use to be a pulley...maybe not anymore maybe never was i dont even know it just looks out of the ordinary to me
S5002046.jpg

and heres the belt
S5002049.jpg

Toasty

TCG Elite Member
Nov 4, 2007
Bolingbrook, IL
had this happen to me awhile back, too, though the tensioner pulley wasnt messed up that way.

i just was thankfull that the s/c belt was laying off safely to the side, and didnt get wrapped up in the main belt.. that would have been nasty!

vipermike --- that's an awesome pic with p/n's. do you mind if i share that with some other forums around?

2000GTPK

Regular
Nov 18, 2008
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (vipermike2002 @ Mar 17 2008, 12:44 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
pulleys.jpg

Looks like you broke a idler pulley. If you noticed the belt had cracks why didnt you replace it?[/b]

so i need a tensioner pulley because its chewed to hell. and then i need a new idler one(the lower one? and a new belt right?

if im gonna be doing all this im gonna buy a smaller belt and a smaller pulley anyone got a 3.5 or 3.4 available

2000GTPK

Regular
Nov 18, 2008
I told you i had terrible luck with this car///due to the last 2 car meets i almost care about it again. ALMOST when i said i was looking for a 3.4 or 3.5 pulley i wanted it for the supercharger.

BTW is it ok for me to run without the SC for a week or so until i can get te money for the new stuff. man this thing is god awful slow w/o the SC lol

Toasty

TCG Elite Member
Nov 4, 2007
Bolingbrook, IL
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (2000GTPK @ Mar 17 2008, 02:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (thebullfrog @ Mar 17 2008, 01:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yeah, 5-10 bux sounds about right.[/b]

and i went to autozone i bought the tensioner pulley and idler pulley 46 bucks together now i just need a belt but im out of money lol. i thought about using the old one but dont really think thats a good idea
[/b][/quote]

where r u?

2000GTPK

Regular
Nov 18, 2008
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Toasty @ Mar 17 2008, 08:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (2000GTPK @ Mar 17 2008, 02:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (thebullfrog @ Mar 17 2008, 01:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yeah, 5-10 bux sounds about right.[/b]

and i went to autozone i bought the tensioner pulley and idler pulley 46 bucks together now i just need a belt but im out of money lol. i thought about using the old one but dont really think thats a good idea
[/b][/quote]

where r u?
[/b][/quote]

im in bartlett. i got a gatorback belt last night. i actualy bought my tensioner pulley to be 1/2" bigger making it tighter on the supercharger. its not gonna slip now.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info