3800 Not a question, but check out the link

Rich

Regular
Oct 7, 2008
I just called about this recall. It is an upcoming recall, #07035. This deals with a leak developing in the front valve cover gasket, causing oil to leak down onto the front manifold and starting a fire.

My car burned last fall in the exact same way this recall describes. I changed the gasket already, but did not replace the melted parts......Now GM will be replacing them for me. And they will reimburse me for the cost of the valve cover gasket.

Maybe I should just let them put a new one in again, and not worry about being reimbursed.

Parts that need to be replaced on my car. Plug wires, plastic retaining clip that mounts to the front head that routes the plug wires, oil cap, oil cap extension, engine cover, and the valve cover.

Anyone else's car burn, or am I the only unlucky one?

~Rich

got3800.com

TCG Elite Member
Sep 3, 2007
Carpentersville, IL
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Rich @ Mar 14 2008, 05:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I just called about this recall. It is an upcoming recall, #07035. This deals with a leak developing in the front valve cover gasket, causing oil to leak down onto the front manifold and starting a fire.

My car burned last fall in the exact same way this recall describes. I changed the gasket already, but did not replace the melted parts......Now GM will be replacing them for me. And they will reimburse me for the cost of the valve cover gasket.

Maybe I should just let them put a new one in again, and not worry about being reimbursed.

Parts that need to be replaced on my car. Plug wires, plastic retaining clip that mounts to the front head that routes the plug wires, oil cap, oil cap extension, engine cover, and the valve cover.

~Rich[/b]

nope, but i will get this taken care of.... did you hear when we can go in for the replacement part?

GTP23

Feb 10, 2008
Des Plaines
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Rich @ Mar 14 2008, 04:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

~Rich[/b]

no but damm im not leaking oil and i have a 2000 GTP, im leaking coolant, i have a intake gasket leak which blows they should have a recall on that crap to and damm i wounder what would happen if coolant caught on fire from the oil burning on the front manifold hmmmm

2000GTPK

Regular
Nov 18, 2008
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (DaytonaGTP25 @ Mar 15 2008, 03:18 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Hmm... well, thats lame, but at least its on there bill. I'll be waiting for that letter...[/b]

mine for sure leaks i just reaplced it last summer and again it leaks. but i have a intake gasket leak so they might not change mine for me unless i fix intake gasket because it causes coolant to puddle around my front valve cover.

Rich

Regular
Oct 7, 2008
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (got3800.com @ Mar 14 2008, 09:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
nope, but i will get this taken care of.... did you hear when we can go in for the replacement part?[/b]

They are currently getting all the parts together to get the recall going. Notification will be sent out shortly. I dont have a date on when the recall will become active, or when the notifications are going out, but keep your eyes open for it in the mail.

If you do have a leaking valve cover, clean it up as best you can before you burn like I did.

~Rich

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info