3800 Caliper Painting

got3800.com

TCG Elite Member
Sep 3, 2007
Carpentersville, IL
(the question that i came up with was what type of caliper paint vince used on his calipers, im trying to find the best proven way to do this)

vince, in response:

i had someone local tell me, wessel and rodeo (wessel is on here and rodeo is a friend), tell me that if you take a pencil grinder with a abrasive wheel to it, grind/sand out most of the cast marks/bumps, and then coat it a couple times with brake cleaner that it works out pretty good and that it doesnt chip (not proven by me yet but what they stated)....

Toasty

TCG Elite Member
Nov 4, 2007
Bolingbrook, IL
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (got3800.com @ Mar 18 2008, 08:16 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (AlmightyBirdman @ Mar 18 2008, 01:05 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It would be more worth it just to powder coat them. It's going to start wearing away eventually if it doesn't start chipping before that.[/b]

know where i can do it for dirt cheap?
[/b][/quote]

i think eastwood sells DIY powdercoating kits... but ya need an oven to bake the part in

the caliper paint out now is pretty strong stuff, i wouldnt worry too much about it chipping

got3800.com

TCG Elite Member
Sep 3, 2007
Carpentersville, IL
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Toasty @ Mar 19 2008, 01:23 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (got3800.com @ Mar 18 2008, 08:16 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (AlmightyBirdman @ Mar 18 2008, 01:05 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It would be more worth it just to powder coat them. It's going to start wearing away eventually if it doesn't start chipping before that.[/b]

know where i can do it for dirt cheap?
[/b][/quote]

i think eastwood sells DIY powdercoating kits... but ya need an oven to bake the part in

the caliper paint out now is pretty strong stuff, i wouldnt worry too much about it chipping
[/b][/quote]

HA HA, i have the oven, ill just stick it on our 1/4 mile paint line at work!!! Its a powdercoating facility, i just dont think they have red in stock... :lolsign:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info