3800 Scrapyard that takes Copper Wire?

Kyle

TCG Elite Member
Dec 30, 2008
Downers Grove
I have a ton of scrap copper wire from work, and I have no idea where to take it.

It all still has the PVC coating, but I suppose I could change that. (burn it off?)

Anyway anyone know a good place to take it?

Theres a junkyard by my girlfriends (north and ardamore) that says they take copper wire but it looks kind of shady and I assume I'd get ripped off a little.

I have probably 150 lbs or so worth (with pvc) any ideas how much thats worth?

Kyle

TCG Elite Member
Dec 30, 2008
Downers Grove
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (RoyalGTP @ Feb 25 2008, 10:14 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Ill give you a buck a pound!

They will give you less with the plastic on it. How does you company let you have 150 lbs of copper? Most companies have been tightening up on it and including it in thier bottom line now that copper 3-5 bucks a pound![/b]

They used to just THROW AWAY their scrap. I couldn't believe that. Been at the current company I'm at for about a year, and this is everything extra. I also just scrapped a bunch of old outdated cables for our motors so I have a lot from that.

I'm not looking to just sell it to someone I'd rather take it to a scrap yard cuz I have some aluminum to unload as well.

Royalgtp

TCG Elite Member
Dec 24, 2008
2.70 bare and about 1.90 coated...12-14 guage wire. A little depends on what type of copper as well as aluminum(sp).

Alum is .50 a pound for cans/scrap alum.....about .10 more for higher grades.

Brass is 1.90 a pound.

Any coatings/paint on the surfaces will decrease price.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info