3800 trans install and tune help

daturbosix

HNIC @ GoodFellas Garage
TCG Sponsor
Mar 2, 2008
Aurora
Real Name
Jeff
looking into pickin up a trans from w-body store within the next couple weeks.
anyone do their own trans swap? this will be my first one, and i wanted to know if anyone would like to lend a hand in this swap.

also what do i need to do to get it tuned?
agian, i would love to do this myself vs. paying a shop. i just feel better in the end knowing *I* did it.

daturbosix

HNIC @ GoodFellas Garage
TCG Sponsor
Mar 2, 2008
Aurora
Real Name
Jeff
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (phat_ridegt @ Feb 20 2008, 05:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
do you have access to a hoist? much easier in a shop....

i can do it for you...but not on the ground :blink:[/b]
i got a engine hoist.
i thinking pull engine/trans from top, at that time i can regasket the motor slap the new trans and converter on and drop it all back together.

but like i said, id like someone that has done one of these cars to kinda lend advice here and there.

phat_ridegt

TCG Elite Member
Sep 16, 2007
Ottawa
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (daturbosix @ Feb 20 2008, 10:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (phat_ridegt @ Feb 20 2008, 05:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
do you have access to a hoist? much easier in a shop....

i can do it for you...but not on the ground :blink:[/b]
i got a engine hoist.
i thinking pull engine/trans from top, at that time i can regasket the motor slap the new trans and converter on and drop it all back together.

but like i said, id like someone that has done one of these cars to kinda lend advice here and there.
[/b][/quote]

thats really not a bad idea if you are going to do it at home. easier than dropping the subframe laying on your back. these are easy as pie to do.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info

• daturbosix
    Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list