3800 Dry film lubricants

I

imported_Ron Vogel

I'm thinking of doing some dry film lubricants in my new motor (oil pump gears, bearings, pistons, lifters, cam...)

Anyway, for the price of farming the parts out it's close enough to buying the system to do it. Was wondering if anyone wanted some done too, and we could go in on a plating kit.

Kit is about $230ish, I guess depending on how much you want to do would be your contribution towards the kit.

Take a look at the link to the kit to see if it's for you or not:
http://www.caswellplating.com/kits/bnen.html

Let me know, just trying to see if there is a general intrest or not.

I

imported_Ron Vogel

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Turbocharged400sbc @ Feb 13 2008, 09:55 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
i didnt see anything for oil dispersant coatings? am i misssing or or they dont have it?

i want to do a crankcase, crank throws, rods, underskirt, Tcover.

dep on how that coating builds up it may be a way to measurably adjust bearing clearances... i may have to see if i can find the bearing shell adaptor for my mic[/b]
According to the instructions, the build up is .0002

The only thing I thought might have to be tweaked, is that this immerses the part in solution to plate it. So it would coat BOTH sides of the bearing surface...so that would be bad. I was thinking possibly a thick coat of latex could proctect it during plating.

I

imported_Ron Vogel

I talked to them just now about it. You can plate it thicker, and it will stay stable. It's just not needed. It's plated to the surface, so it may wear off at some point, but will not flake off whatsoever.

I also found, the tank size limits what parts can be done.
Kit / covers / tank
1.5 / 1100sq in / 9 x 8.5
3 / 2200sq in. / 11 x 9
4.5 / 4400sq in / 11 x 13

So no cams, or cranks. Not sure on diffs.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info

• I
    Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list