3800 Good Scanners

got3800.com

TCG Elite Member
Sep 3, 2007
Carpentersville, IL
I have HP Tuners as well as the full license to tune my car. I personally love it because you can share tunes with other people online, ask what your doing wrong, and use it if/when you go to dyno tune your car. May it be its very pricey, just get together with a couple people/friends (such as i did) and buy it as a group (since its good for all/most gm cars) and share the cost. Then if need be you can add more people on for another $100 or so....

It might be a bit much for you to start on but its something to aim for.....

Kbrown

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (yungGTP @ Feb 7 2008, 10:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Fish @ Feb 7 2008, 09:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I have a scanmaster. I love it. I dont know if I could pay the price they ask for.[/b]

U kno where i can find one cheaper? How often do u use yours? If not that often, do u think its worth owning it?
[/b][/quote]

Mine is mounted onto my steering colum VIA velcrow. It is used every time the car is turned on. Great way to monitor knock daily. I love it. I searched classifieds for awhile to find one. If you want brand new, here is a site that sells them a bit cheaper.

http://www.tbyrnemotorsports.com/GrandPrix/gpignition.html

I use my powertuner to get real scans if KR is kinda off the wall.

Heres my scanmaster mounted.

car.jpg

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
My roomie had a aeroforce in his old 98 GTP. It was an original one and from what I hear there is a new gen out. Unless they upped the refresh rate on the new gen, it wasnt any faster then my scanmaster.

It is pricey though. Thats why I searched the classifieds and waited. Paid 190 shipped. :D

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
The scanmaster is just a monitor. If you get any problems you will have to correct it yourself VIA tuner or an AFC controller. The aeroforce is really nice if you have a gauge pod. I dont have one and I dont care to get one. Cramps my sleeper style. :D

Either one is a good investment. They are both plug and play. They plug into the OBD II port under the drivers side. I removed the lower dash and hid the wires so all you see is the scanmaster on top, and you cant see anything on the bottom but the plug is in the OBD II port. They both also read error codes as well.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info