3800 Emissions Test Coming up!

CompGd

Regular
Aug 16, 2008
Carol Stream
I don't have the exact code but ever since i had my DP put on it throws the check engine light. I know they dont make an O2 sim for the 04+ GTPs but i do remember that when i had the DP put on the guy who did it told me the O2 extension harness i bought had a different connector and that he had to modify it to make it work. So since he already modified it i should be able to get an O2 sim for the 97-03's and be set but i may be mistaken. Any input?

Second, if that doesnt work i guess i would have to have that code removed from my PCM, only thing is i dont have a scanner or know anyone that has one. Anyone out towards Plainfield/Joliet area that could do this for me. I'll throw some cash your way. Let me know

Any help would be great, thanks.

CompGd

Regular
Aug 16, 2008
Carol Stream
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (SaturdaysGS @ Feb 4 2008, 04:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
You COULD do what I did, and buy "spark plug anti foulers" They are in the HELP! Section. Make SURE that you buy the 18mm, NOT the 14mm. There is a write up on CLUBGP for what you need to do with them. I did it, and have yet to set a CE light, and I dont have a cat.[/b]

That is a good idea. Only thing, i am not that mechanically inclined and am looking for the quick easy fix. Does anyone have a powertuner around here? I am always out toward Elgin on a daily basis for work. Anyone out there?

CompGd

Regular
Aug 16, 2008
Carol Stream
im getting desperate.....i need to find someone with a powertuner to remove the code. It cannot be that labor intensive. Ill even drive outta my way, the last thing i need is to get denied renewing my stickers b/c i couldnt pass emissions or fail b/c of something so silly. Couldnt they just hook my car the old school way with the hoses off the exhaust pipes i mean shit i am only throwing the code b/c the stupid computer cant handle the increased airflow......HELP!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info