It turns over, but will not start...
Same BIN on my stock PCM works fine

I'm sure it has to do with the code, but unsure what to do to fix the problem

Thanks for your input!

phat_ridegt

TCG Elite Member
Sep 16, 2007
Ottawa
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (FastKatt @ Feb 2 2008, 02:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
The plugs look the same, and all the pins are tight[/b]
did you use a terminal tool to be sure? sometimes a pocket pick or screwdriver wont do it...

even after you flash a different bin to it, it wont start? did you try the intense file? how certain are you its for a comp g? i dont know any of the service numbers, but maybe its not for one...

1quick

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 29, 2008
coal city
phat ride may be right, there is a differnt number of pins betwin the comp g and gtp pcm's. I think you got yours from the same guy I got mine from if so it is definatly a comp g pcm. If you want I have one at my house you can try not shure where your from but I have a stock gtp pcm and a comp g pcm you could look at

Brett

horist

Geek
Nov 10, 2008
Lake Zurich
i'm pretty sure the compg and GTP in 04 have the same number of pins lol... I'm pretty sure it's the same binary too.... if you have tuning software, disable VATS and try again... (compg is basically the same as a WS6 in a Trans Am... same drivetrain, suspension upgrades, give syou all the goodies basically but from GMs standpoint it's the same car but with extra toys)

I

imported_FastKatt

Happy Ending!!!

So, I stop at my local Pontiac Dealership
Talked to a tech that works on modified GPs

Told him about my issues with the PCM

Best Part:
PCMs have a 8/80,000 warranty
He said, "You stopped in with a SES Light, we checked it, your PCM is fried"
I go in tomorrow to pick up my new PCM B)

So, I got a copy of the Stage3 Intense BIN & a Brand New PCM!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info