3800 GI ZZP Gen V I/C Core

1quick

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 29, 2008
coal city
fyi they took them off the market because they found out the gen 3 intercooler works just fine with a gen 5 blower lim setup, but I would be interested somewhat, give me a call I left you a message on sunday I was wondering if you could scan my car.

Thanks,
Brett

Mike K

TCG Elite Member
Apr 11, 2008
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div>
fyi they took them off the market because they found out the gen 3 intercooler works just fine with a gen 5 blower lim setup, but I would be interested somewhat, give me a call I left you a message on sunday I was wondering if you could scan my car.[/b]
I think you heard wrong Brett. You can't move the outlet over on the Gen III IC without exposing the end tank and if you leave it how it is you're blocking the part of the outlet that makes a Gen V a Gen V. There were a couple people on Club GP talking about being able to do this but they were not correct.

If running a full size Probe based core intercooler you will need a Gen V specific housing.

1quick

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 29, 2008
coal city
sorry it was not zoomer that told me this, but did come from zzp

It works fine

Turbo Tim
ZZPerformance.com
-----Original Message-----
Sent: Friday, December 21, 2007 8:58 AM
To: Customer Service
Subject: intercooler

From what I read in your r&d note on your main page, I can use a gen 3 intercooler core instead of a gen 5 with my 05 gtp, and have no problems with reliability and performance

Brett Brown

1quick

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 29, 2008
coal city
that was a copy and paste of my email I received back from zzp. this is part of the article I was refering to this was not modifyed in anyway you can go to there web sight and read for your self its under zzp working hard on r & d on the main paige third down in the latest news section

The aluminum heads have been put through their paces with dozens of dyno pulls. We used Scott's SS M90 GT to test them. We shaved them for more compression and went for some A/B comparisons. We ended up with a max of 425 STD WHP giving us an M90 record. We also tested a stock blower, our ported blower and a gen 5 blower all using the same Gen 3, stage 2 ZZP IC. If your wondering if it works to use a Gen 5 on a Gen 3 IC, it does! We tested for HP loss by locking the converter on our build because the 3500 stall converter seemed to be robbing some power. We dyno'd 452WHP showing that gains could be had with a tighter converter.

Mike K

TCG Elite Member
Apr 11, 2008
Yes it works but it takes away a lot of the efficiency of the blower. There's no doubt it would physically work but you're negating having the Gen V in the first place and when someone is paying $900 to adapt a Gen V to their car for a whopping ~20hp I'd think they'd want all the efficiency they could get.

phat_ridegt

TCG Elite Member
Sep 16, 2007
Ottawa
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Mike K @ Jan 30 2008, 03:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Yes it works but it takes away a lot of the efficiency of the blower. There's no doubt it would physically work but you're negating having the Gen V in the first place and when someone is paying $900 to adapt a Gen V to their car for a whopping ~20hp I'd think they'd want all the efficiency they could get.[/b]

x2

go with the gen v ic brett. give me a call friday night i could scan it for ya

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info