3800 500whp Demod.

I

imported_1fastGTP

I'm sorry ILGPC! i totally forgot about posting up here! Well I've decided to follow through on demodding the car. I'm finally getting my dream car.(2002 Trans Am WS6) Wish i couldve gotten it before i went to ZZP and dug myself a hole... but atleast I can get myself out with basically losing just the install pricing.... The Trans Am will be getting a HUGE build done to it.. with a very similar paint job.. ;) APS twin turbo setup, with stage 3 heads and cam package. Fully built Rear end with 373 gearing.. (still doing research on the RWD V8 LSX world) full suspension, Trans just the whole deal. My dad knows people from Finish Line Performance that will help out a ton. ANYWAYS... thats enough of my rambling.. heres the link to my stuff on ClubGP.

http://www.clubgp.com/newforum/tm.asp?m=42...e=1&smode=1

PANDA

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Event Coordinator
May 24, 2007
Wisconsin Northwoods
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (vipermike2002 @ Jan 28 2008, 07:46 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
How much do you plan to spend on the TA?[/b]

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (1fastGTP @ Jan 28 2008, 08:13 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (vipermike2002 @ Jan 28 2008, 07:46 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I've found quite a few actually. I'n looking for mostly black, midnight blue or the collectors yellow. And... so far theres a few WS6's with 15k miles and under for around 17k and that looks like the best deal for me.
[/b][/quote]

Where? I haven't seen 02's with that low of miles for that cheap...

Royalgtp

TCG Elite Member
Dec 24, 2008
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (vipermike2002 @ Jan 28 2008, 10:59 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (vipermike2002 @ Jan 28 2008, 07:46 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (1fastGTP @ Jan 28 2008, 08:13 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

I've found quite a few actually. I'n looking for mostly black, midnight blue or the collectors yellow. And... so far theres a few WS6's with 15k miles and under for around 17k and that looks like the best deal for me.
[/b][/quote]

Where? I haven't seen 02's with that low of miles for that cheap...
[/b][/quote]

Another one bites the dust!

Anyway, you will love yoru TA once you get some real power behind it. Are you getting a AT or 6 speed? I loved the 373's in my old ride.

Good luck!

98GTPDriva

TCG Elite Member
Jun 24, 2008
Excellent choice on the WS6... I've wanted one for years, but I've opted to keep the GTP and I have just bought a townhouse.

For what you've spent in the past two years, you could have put a nice down payment on a place with some nice furniture and home entertainment too.

Women love fast cars too... but I think many women would enjoy a guy that has a nice place more...

That's just my $.02 cents.

I

imported_1fastGTP

yes, alot of money... but im only 19... you can seriously check out my room and you will see a bed and a dresser... lol. And this comp... Oh yeah i just got an xbox a month ago... so it shows all that i have saved to put into this car... but with all the money i get out of this one... i can pay off the 40th and buy the T/A!! so im excited. im stuck inbetween 2 right now... both have low miles... one has 6k another has 4k... bout in the 17k region on price. so we shall see.... :)

PANDA

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Event Coordinator
May 24, 2007
Wisconsin Northwoods
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (1fastGTP @ Jan 28 2008, 10:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
yes, alot of money... but im only 19... you can seriously check out my room and you will see a bed and a dresser... lol. And this comp... Oh yeah i just got an xbox a month ago... so it shows all that i have saved to put into this car... but with all the money i get out of this one... i can pay off the 40th and buy the T/A!! so im excited. im stuck inbetween 2 right now... both have low miles... one has 6k another has 4k... bout in the 17k region on price. so we shall see.... :)[/b]

Better save up another 20K+ for all the mods you plan to put into the TA...

Post up some links to the TA's, I dont believe that pricing. :ph34r:

PANDA

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Event Coordinator
May 24, 2007
Wisconsin Northwoods
I

imported_1fastGTP

Theres no link to these 2... My dads friends. There is one that has 17k miles on it for 20k with a few bolt ons. So you just have to do some searching and you can get lucky with some buys. you can believe me or not mike.. so when you see the car and i have the check stub of what i paid... you can believe me then cream your pants. :lolsign:

PANDA

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Event Coordinator
May 24, 2007
Wisconsin Northwoods
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (1fastGTP @ Jan 29 2008, 09:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Theres no link to these 2... My dads friends. There is one that has 17k miles on it for 20k with a few bolt ons. So you just have to do some searching and you can get lucky with some buys. you can believe me or not mike.. so when you see the car and i have the check stub of what i paid... you can believe me then cream your pants. :lolsign:[/b]

There is a difference between a 17K mile TA for $20K and a 4K or 6K mile TA for $17K. I just did some searching I couldn't find any with that low of miles for that cheap. Im just curious, because I may be in the market for another summer ride soon. :ph34r: 02 WS6's with that low of miles usually sell for $25K+

Royalgtp

TCG Elite Member
Dec 24, 2008
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (superchargedgp @ Jan 29 2008, 01:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
another one realized that GP's are waste of money[/b]

Yes, sad but true. Eventually we all get tired of break downs and bad parts. This car just cost to much to make fast and keep running correctly. Although this car probably started the mod craze for all of us that eventually led to better things.

Royalgtp

TCG Elite Member
Dec 24, 2008
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (RoyalGTP @ Jan 30 2008, 09:40 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (superchargedgp @ Jan 29 2008, 01:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yes, sad but true. Eventually we all get tired of break downs and bad parts. This car just cost to much to make fast and keep running correctly. Although this car probably started the mod craze for all of us that eventually led to better things.
[/b][/quote]

Yes, I also have to think a 02 TA WS6 with 4k miles for 17k sounds a little cheap.

I sold my 2000 TA WS6 in May of 2006 with 50k miles for $18,000. ALthough that car had over 22,000 in mods, of which, most were installed professionaly and the cars interior and exterior were show room clean/MINT.

I

imported_GraFFix

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (superchargedgp @ Jan 29 2008, 01:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Heh, I realized that 4 years ago. Thats why I stopped with my car. Its a great DD I love the car to death but its no race car and trying to make it a race car is a futile process.

GP's are great with some exhaust, CAI, some rockers or a small cam and a smaller pully...after that your asking for trouble.

The GP is still one of the best cars ive ever owned, but still not as fun as a 5spd RWD V8

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (RoyalGTP @ Jan 30 2008, 09:40 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (superchargedgp @ Jan 29 2008, 01:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

[/b][/quote]

true...its a transision car, you get the car learn to mod, do's and dont's then move on, but it is still a great car

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info