3800 Blow tranny or Torque converter!!

So i was recently driving down the road in my 98 GP...The it stared to shake really bad and when i let my foot off the pedal...nothing..I am thinking its a torque converter. The car has about 116000 miles on it...So i am hoping it was just the converter. So my question is if its just the converter do i have to get a new tranny pump too from all the shit my torque converter threw all over?? and if its the tranny what would be a good economical (or cheap) replacement that would be a little more reliable than the stock 4t65e-hd tranny???

MStahulak95

Nov 17, 2007
i dont think theres a better alternative transmission that would work with ur car.. i have a 95 w/ the 3.4l and the trans is current broken the gears shot out of the housing when i was driving normally..anyaways its a 4t60-e and i heard i cant put a 4t60 in it because of the computer and stuff like that..i need to have the 4t60-e which i dont really like..but i would figure the 4t60e-hd is that same way u need to put the same one in..

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (pacer @ Jan 26 2008, 07:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
So i was recently driving down the road in my 98 GP...The it stared to shake really bad and when i let my foot off the pedal...nothing..I am thinking its a torque converter. The car has about 116000 miles on it...So i am hoping it was just the converter. So my question is if its just the converter do i have to get a new tranny pump too from all the shit my torque converter threw all over?? and if its the tranny what would be a good economical (or cheap) replacement that would be a little more reliable than the stock 4t65e-hd tranny???[/b]

I had that same problem last summer and it turned out to be my CV shafts. I know it sounds strange but that cleared the problem rite up (the bullfrog can back that up). Until i started doing burnouts on 20in rims. The problem came back along with a blown CV shaft again. Then eariler last week the trans wouldnt shift past 2nd gear. Then this morning it finally gave out. But i dont think i know of to many GTP drivers who drive hard that didnt have to get a trans rebuild.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info