3800 I need a pulley tool to rent/borrow

Now that the warranty is over, I'm ready to start doing a few mods to the daily driver.

currently have 33K mile on an '05 Bleen Comp G, it was my wife's car until it became my daily driver about 6 months ago.

Current mods are 6000K HID's and a K&N panel Filter

I thought I'd start with:
a smaller pulley 3.4??
reprogrammed PCM
maybe some exhausts items, u-bend delete and PEMs

Before I order the pulley I'd like to line up rental of the tool.

Thanks in advance.

bikrboy128

Some say.....
TCG Premium
Jul 15, 2007
Wheaton
have fun with the KR you are going to have with a 3.4". get headers w/ DP and a u-bend delete back to stock mufflers. also i would get a more custom tune and always have a scanner nearby. along with colder plugs and tstat you SHOULD be ok, but you will never know until you scan.
no need to blow your engine at 32k miles because you slapped a small pulley on an under modded car.
ask the 04+ guys about their KR issues.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (SweetGTP01 @ Jan 16 2008, 11:35 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I have one I am right in Homer Glen. Let me know.[/b]

I'll have to take you up on that. Once I get the pulley I'll contact you. Thanks!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (bikrboy128 @ Jan 16 2008, 04:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
have fun with the KR you are going to have with a 3.4". get headers w/ DP and a u-bend delete back to stock mufflers. also i would get a more custom tune and always have a scanner nearby. along with colder plugs and tstat you SHOULD be ok, but you will never know until you scan.
no need to blow your engine at 32k miles because you slapped a small pulley on an under modded car.
ask the 04+ guys about their KR issues.[/b]

I'm not looking to beat the snot out of the car, or take it to the track... I already have a ten second car for that.
I tune my Cobra myself with a wideband and the SCT pro racer package.. I'm not interested in doing the same to my daily driver.
As for custom tunes, what are my options locally and what is the cost? I had Charles Beyerch (sp) do my wife's old '01 GTP several years back.

What are good options as far as an off the shelf PCM?

I just want a little more pep, especially on the highway. I figured an after market PCM, Pulley, small exhuast work would do the trick.

Having had a '98 GTP with one of the first 3.25 pulleys, I figured a 3.4 would be a good choice for this car. Do they make 3.5 pulley's? maybe that would be a decent middle ground.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (SaturdaysGS @ Jan 17 2008, 12:05 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
04+ don't have a u-bend.

I have a 3" DP w/cat if you are interested. $150 for it.. bolt in. Its in good condition.

I concur with not running a 3.4, run a 3.6. No less (without a tuner).[/b]

is the 3" DP a direct bolt in for the stock exhuast? if not what's needed?

Also keep in mind that this is my daily driver, I have a 100 mile commute 3 times a week, so exhaust noise and fuel economy are important to me. Currently I'm averaging between 23 & 26 MPG which I think is pretty decent.

Sorry for the billion questions, but I really don't have the time to devote to researching all the posts and threads.
Thanks again!

PANDA

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Event Coordinator
May 24, 2007
Wisconsin Northwoods
You probably will not get Charles to tune your car again, hes one of the hardest people to get in touch of. I dont think he has time for that anymore. Your options for tuning are HP Tuners or DHP Powertuner. DHP PT developed my Charles isnt being made anymore, im not sure whats going on there, but the devices and software are great for our cars and still can be found used. There are a few members around here who tune cars, but im not sure whos up for it.

As for the pulley issues. 04+ cars have a Gen 5 blower. Its alot more efficiant than the Gen 3 found on the 97-03. From what people said a 3.4 pulley on a gen 5 makes as much boost as a 3.2 on a Gen3. More boost = more KR, without the proper supporting mods. With that said, I think you should go with a 3.6 with the mods you plan todo. You can always add timing with a tuner to make more power if you are KR free.

SaturdaysGS

TCG Elite Member
Jul 15, 2007
Chicago (Southside)
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (GTP Jack @ Jan 17 2008, 08:05 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (SaturdaysGS @ Jan 17 2008, 12:05 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
04+ don't have a u-bend.

I have a 3" DP w/cat if you are interested. $150 for it.. bolt in. Its in good condition.

I concur with not running a 3.4, run a 3.6. No less (without a tuner).[/b]

is the 3" DP a direct bolt in for the stock exhuast? if not what's needed?

[/b][/quote]

Direct bolt in for the stock exhaust. It came off my car.

I work in Orland Park, so free delivery, or we can meet up. If you're interested, that is.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info