3800 Is it too early to set up a major corners meet for the spring?

shaferz

slaps a ho
Sep 9, 2008
Central IL
Somebody posted yet another 'w body compilation' vid on clubgp, and he included Ryans clip from the last huge meet at corners.

http://www.clubgp.com/newforum/tm.asp?m=41...e=1&smode=1

I remembered how much of a blast it was that day. Late March sometime?

Anybody have any major plans for specific dates in the springtime? I am out from the middle of april till the end of april for sure.

Just an idea. :)

shaferz

slaps a ho
Sep 9, 2008
Central IL
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (vipermike2002 @ Dec 20 2007, 08:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I hate to say it but I dont think there will never be a clubgp/ilgpc meet as big as that corners one... Chicago Garage will be hosting a big spring meet and a track day. You should have came out to our fall events.[/b]

Yeah, I should have. Fiance and I bought a house so we were busy doing that, and I was busy finishing the garage.

Although I would have to disagree with your statement of that there will never be another meet that big. Those were just guys from up north, and a few of us from central/south, and I think there were a few from Indiana?

All it takes is some hype. :)

Sinister Drag Designs

SinisterDragDesigns.com
Aug 3, 2007
Chicago, IL
i hear there will be topless hookers and beer at all 4 corners meets this summer.

is that enough hype? :lolsign:

there are quite a few guys that always want to meet
tho most dont drive GPs anymore. starting to think we should change the club from ILGPC to
illinois "what ever the fuck car you own"club
i have a feeling we wont have as many GPs as we did at the last big meet

guess its time for people to get off there butts and come to a national event for once. no reason not to come if all you want to see is w-bodys. they are always a bigger turnout then any of the ILGPC track days and more then one vendor will always be there with prizes and bracket racing.

I

imported_1fastGTP

well when SYP(ryan) set up meets, it was a month in advance. we learned from the 1st meet that alot of the reasons people couldnt make it because of work.. there was also the few that had last minute things/situations. Just because some of the people here moved on from the Grand Prix's doesnt mean were not still friends, and wouldnt want to meet up, or the fact that we have newcomers inwhich the young guys take the place of the olders ones and the new guys jump in our shoes and get to learn and enjoy what this club is really about. (and im not saying the originals are gone either, I guess you can say they raised us, as we shall raise these new guys) We will get another ILGPC meet going and it will be just as big, if not bigger than before. but thats enough of my ranting.. It just makes me miss driving my car and meeting up with everyone!!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info