3800 ILGPC Work...

ThaLord

TCG Elite Member
Dec 2, 2008
Cicero
Hello!

Once again, I will be moving ILGPC, but this time to it's permanent home. I had been hosting ILGPC on a server in Florida, now it's being hosted by a local company. I have had it on a dedicated PowerEdge Server, but it is an older on (Dual PIII 1.4ghz) and I am now ready to move it to it's new home on a PowerEdge 2650 (Dual Core Dual Xeon 3.06) Much faster! Not that it needs it, but it will be a permanent home.

During this time, ILGPC may go down for some time, during the move (I am going to move the whole DB and data directories so nothing is lost.)

Also, once again, I have to switch your email if you have an ILGPC email account. If you have an email account, or may be interested in one, let me know, and I can make the changes.

I may lock down the forum at times, so the data transfer will be all inclusive, rest assured, it's not your account or anything other than the move.

Also, I am changing the IP of the box (no need for a dedicated IP) so DNS change will take some time.

I don't have a clubgp account, so I can't keep anyone updates on progress, but if you are curious, I can be reached by AIM. Please don't email me, as chances are, I will not get it during the move!

My AIM name is in my profile, and I am usually at my desk, but not all the time, so don't get frustrated if I don't answer for awhile.

If anyone has any questions, comments or concerns, please feel free to let me know.

Other than that, I intend to start the transfer tonight or maybe in the morning, depending on how lazy I am, and it should take about a day to do (usually including DNS).

John

ThaLord

TCG Elite Member
Dec 2, 2008
Cicero
I have re-organized alittle.

You will notice that the Technical Section has a Read-Only subforum. This is for Technical Guides and so on. If you would like to contribute to a section, please read This.

I have also nixed the News Section as it hasn't been used very much. If you think you can provide some news links on a regular basis, I will set you up with the permissions to post there, and re-open the section, just let me know.

I have made some other changes, but you will have to explore to find those.

phat_ridegt

TCG Elite Member
Sep 16, 2007
Ottawa
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (SINr247 @ Dec 15 2007, 04:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (phat_ridegt @ Dec 15 2007, 04:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
maybe a way to change our avatar sig?[/b]
seems to be pretty easy...go to profile
[/b][/quote]

i can change the picture, but not the quote below it...it is like 2 years old lol

ThaLord

TCG Elite Member
Dec 2, 2008
Cicero
I changed that quite some time back. In order to change it, I think I set it to like 1500 or 2000 posts.

Main reason being, some people were putting some pretty bad things in there.... and most people (and I say most loosely) who have over 1500 or 2000 posts, are going to have been here for awhile, and not put something really dumb there.

John

ThaLord

TCG Elite Member
Dec 2, 2008
Cicero
Ok, repair is somewhat done.

The garage is now complete, for the most part. There are a couple of bugs, due to the upgrade, but it should work fine until I get those fixed. You can click the link at the top right hand side of the site under "The Garage"

Note, I am aware of the double talk (i.e. Main Menu Main Menu) and such, but any other bugs, let me know.

John

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info