3800 need some help

Whats up guys,

alright heres my problem. when i turn my car on and its warming up everything is fine, but when it warms up the rpms go up and down from 900 to 500 to 900. then yesterday i was curious and i went WOT and my boost guage only goes half way. also when im driving it doesn't matter speed i am at when i let off the gas its goes down to 500 rpms and stays there until i get on the gas again. also when the rpms go up and down when they go down to 500 rpms all of the lights dim. anybody know what the problem is?

Toasty

TCG Elite Member
Nov 4, 2007
Bolingbrook, IL
Whats up guys,

alright heres my problem. when i turn my car on and its warming up everything is fine, but when it warms up the rpms go up and down from 900 to 500 to 900. then yesterday i was curious and i went WOT and my boost guage only goes half way. also when im driving it doesn't matter speed i am at when i let off the gas its goes down to 500 rpms and stays there until i get on the gas again. also when the rpms go up and down when they go down to 500 rpms all of the lights dim. anybody know what the problem is?

[/b]

no SES light? if there's an SES light, i'd point to an 02 sensor, but if not, i'd check for vac leaks to start with, and go from there.

Sinister Drag Designs

SinisterDragDesigns.com
Aug 3, 2007
Chicago, IL
the one after the cat is to report the condtion of the cat. its not needed except for emissions, you need to have your rear o2 activate one of your cars drive cycles. i just found out you can get away with not having one drive cycle working.......but on most cars the EVAP never triggers its cycle so thats the one that you get away with.
so no the rear o2 is not causing your problem
let us know what code you popped

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info