3800 iowa oreilly crap alternators

Turbocharged400sbc

3800 & 4T80E > ALL
TCG Premium
Jun 16, 2007
hangover park IL
long rant

just before my dad got his own tractor, they had to take the 97 e150 van down to pick up the old man after turning in the company's peterbuilt...

along the way the alternator goes out (30miles east of des moines on I80) Noble Ford of Newton iowa was where they litterally coasted to a stop. all of them are tired from driving/being awake for a long time at that point, so they had the dealer throw on a new alternator...

well they got the alternator from o'reileys (go figure a ford stealership doesnt have a common mod motor alternator in stock?) 12/12k warranty.

had them rest while waiting for the battery to recharge (didnt want to kill the new alternator charging the now dead battery. ~375$ later.... (alternator was 140$, dont ask me where the hell the rest came from)

it's dead as of this morning, but probably died last night since the van wouldnt start...i changed the battery (the interstate battery is like 5 years old, full of electrolite, a damn good battery them interstates...) to the duralast gold battery from my 68 F250.

and started up the van...to be greeted with a whole lotta arcing inside the alternator, not just brush arcing...this was full on lighning, rotor to stator etc.

GREAT! check battery/charging voltage...it's charging between arcs inside the case...and when it feels like it

so the fun part is they misplaced the workorder (not in the van file) i had to find the dealer by "just east of desmoines on I80, oh and it's fer shure on the south side of I80" that killed a bit of time, but i found the dealer, our fax is broken so i have the guy fax a copy to my boss' fax line...tells me that my best bet is to take it to o reilly's (GREAT! closest one is in rockford...unfuckingbelievable...) or see what a local dealership can/will do to honor the warranty. how well you think thats gonna work out? (i'm fucked i just know it)

if it werent fer bad luck i'd have no fucking luck at all <_<

*sigh* end of rant...

on a side note, thank god fer al's wife amanda and her schaumburg autozone...i gotta tell Al that she's not totally worthless :lolsign:

Turbocharged400sbc

3800 & 4T80E > ALL
TCG Premium
Jun 16, 2007
hangover park IL
yup, as i figured...but they coulda saved me some time and just told me to "fuck off" in clear concise words :rolleyes:

i gave AZ a junk core from a 3.4 LQ1 so i could give my dad this bugger and he can stop by the stealership next time he's barreling down I80 and ream them/o'reilleys in person...

TGIF, oh wait i still have to work sat and now sunday...yay :(

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info

• Turbocharged400sbc
    Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list