3800 bad accident on Rt.83

preussenGTP

Banned
Feb 11, 2008
chicagoland
I was headed sb on Rt.83 in Willowbrook about 11:30am or so and shot this nasty accident:

rt83crashes2.jpg

It would be a miracle if anyone survived that

ernrcr3

Regular
Feb 26, 2008
Orland Park
<div class='quotemain'> Seen this on I-55 today @ Weber Rd...

http://www.ernrcr3.com/stuff/Video/1206071338.3g2

Fun... :eek:

-ern [/b]

crap! peraps that's why my commute down I55 after work was so bad... when was that?
[/b][/quote]

I went through at about 2 PM but it happened around 11-12 PM...

That was on the Southbound side. There was another incident on the NB side at approx. 10-11 AM @ Rt.52 involving a semi as well. Black Ice was to blame, in both incidents.

There was a lot of spin outs into the ditch at Rt. 53 Entrance ramp NB side as well, but that was in the morning around 7. Black ice again.

Careful out there.

-ern

Toasty

TCG Elite Member
Nov 4, 2007
Bolingbrook, IL
<div class='quotemain'>
<div class='quotemain'> Seen this on I-55 today @ Weber Rd...

http://www.ernrcr3.com/stuff/Video/1206071338.3g2

Fun... :eek:

-ern [/b]

crap! peraps that's why my commute down I55 after work was so bad... when was that?
[/b][/quote]

I went through at about 2 PM but it happened around 11-12 PM...

That was on the Southbound side. There was another incident on the NB side at approx. 10-11 AM @ Rt.52 involving a semi as well. Black Ice was to blame, in both incidents.

There was a lot of spin outs into the ditch at Rt. 53 Entrance ramp NB side as well, but that was in the morning around 7. Black ice again.

Careful out there.

-ern [/b][/quote]

yeah, i was getting on 55NB @ about 7 (or at least trying to, traffic backed waaay up) once i actually got on, i didnt see any cars in ditches, though. just reports of the black ice south of the on ramp. --- followed a few cars behind the idot salt truck that had decided that he was going to melt all the ice on earth with the ammount of salt he was pouring on the road. :angry: bouncing everywhere hitting all the cars. .... little did he realize that IT WAS TOO COLD TO MELT ANY ICE, BLACK OR NOT :angry: oh well. def. be careful out there, it's a crazy place we live in, so many 'imported' drivers that dont know what to do with ice/snow/etc

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info