Mar 12, 2008
Phoenix, AZ
Real Name
Mike
CONCEPT2.jpg
HD Image Link
CONCEPT1.jpg
HD Image Link

Mitsubishi has released sketches of its Concept-RA ahead of the car's January debut at the Detroit Auto Show. Reminiscent of Mitsubishi's first and second-generation Eclipse models, the Concept-RA uses light-weight body panels — including an aluminum space frame — and all-wheel drive.

Power for the Concept-RA comes from a turbocharged 2.2L clean diesel — with MIVEC continuously variable valve timing control — rated at 200 horsepower and 310 lb-ft of torque. Unlike other clean diesels, Mitsubishi's system doesn't require the injection of Urea to meet strict U.S. emission standards.

That power is put to the ground through the same Twin Clutch SST transmission found in the Lancer Evolution X. The Concept-RA is also packed with several other technologies, such as Active Steering and Active Damping control to aid in the car's handling.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I thought this looked pretty sweet! :D

thebullfrog

Addict
Sep 12, 2008
Algonquin
Real Name
Jerimiah
Umm, I've owned several Eclipses. That isn't reminiscent of any of them. Well the lines of the cockpit look kinda 2g-ish, but the ass looks way to 4g. Where do you see 3000GT? The front looks like an S2000 to me. Not to mention the NSX side scoops. And TSX headlights. Really the thing looks more like a Honda concept to me. Doesn't look to bad really, and overall not a bad concept. It would never sell in the US but I could see it being a hit in Europe where deisel is a lot more popular in cars.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info