3800 06 and newer pcm's

1quick

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 29, 2008
coal city
I was just wondering if anybody had any more information on the subject than what I have gathered.
What is the big difference between an 05' and 06' grand prix that you cant use the current tuning softwhere to tune it. and I was also wondering did anybodys 04' or 05' grand prix come with remote start from the factory

thanks
brett

Mike K

TCG Elite Member
Apr 11, 2008
06's use a CAN Bus that is different than the previous years. You can pretty much give up on DHP offering anything for these cars. HP Tuners is working on it and that's what all of the vendors are waiting on as that's how most of us create our PCMs.

phat_ridegt

TCG Elite Member
Sep 16, 2007
Ottawa
CAN stands for controller area network. basically, rather than the pcm, bcm, ddm, ipc, hvac module, ect...all working indepently, these modules all communicate on one, high speed network, and use (in most cases) the BCM as a 'gateway' module. meaning it can be used as both high speed (can) and gm lan (low, old style networking).

in lamens terms, in order for hp tuners to be able to tune an 06 gp, it will need to be able to communicate in CAN, and probably w/ the bcm as well. that would be pretty cool, to be able to create custom setting for the bcm too...

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info

• 1quick
    Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list