3800 Kids Day Care vs. Doggy Kennels????

Royalgtp

TCG Elite Member
Dec 24, 2008
Why is it that people will put there kids in daycare practically all day, but then look at you in horror when you suggest that they put the dog in a kennel(mini-spa nowadays <_< ) while they go on vacation over the weekend?

My Aunt wants me to stay at her house for 4 days and make sure I let the dog out every 5-6 hours. Btw, my aunt lives 25 miles away....... GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!

The look on her face was sheer terror when I mentioned the "K" word.....Meanwhile, her kids are in day care????!?!?!?!? :blink: :blink:

I really dont understand how some people place thier pets in a higher reguard then thier actual family members. People are nuts about pets these days. The kennels nowadays are practically mini spas for the damm dogs!!!!!!!!!!!

Royalgtp

TCG Elite Member
Dec 24, 2008
Im talking about how people will intrust others with thier KIDS all day but not little DOGGY.

Her kids went to daycare all thier lives but no dog has ever set paw inside a kennel. Yes, she does have the money to pay the 30-60 bucks a day for doggy day care.

I grow a little tired of her trips to VEGAS 2-4 times a year and no one else can take care of a damm dog.....

I

imported_FastKatt

I agree 200%

Our dog gets to have a vacation when ever we do

Shyt, it's only like 16/day, it's cheap!

We pay extra for her to get a bath, and "play dates" 2x a day

She has a blast, and they give us pictures from the stay :lolsign:

CoolGTX

let sleeping dogs lie
Nov 17, 2008
Hotel 4 Dogs
Real Name
J/O
Im talking about how people will intrust others with thier KIDS all day but not little DOGGY.

Her kids went to daycare all thier lives but no dog has ever set paw inside a kennel. Yes, she does have the money to pay the 30-60 bucks a day for doggy day care.

I grow a little tired of her trips to VEGAS 2-4 times a year and no one else can take care of a damm dog.....
[/b]
tell her you need 75 bux a day for gas, that will stop that greedy lady from bugging you. seems you dont want to do it.

ive got a bunch of people that Like to come over and watch my dog while im gone.

love my dog>he listens
cant stand kids who> wont listen.

Royalgtp

TCG Elite Member
Dec 24, 2008
<div class='quotemain'>

[/b]
tell her you need 75 bux a day for gas, that will stop that greedy lady from bugging you. seems you dont want to do it.

ive got a bunch of people that Like to come over and watch my dog while im gone.

love my dog>he listens
cant stand kids who> wont listen.
[/b][/quote]

Your key word is "bunch" of people. I am the only one who does this and its more then 1-2 times a year.

One wonders how dogs ever survived in the wild without humans.

GTPHales-Wife

TCG Elite Member
Nov 9, 2008
Plano, IL
Some people just love there dogs that much and treat them like their kid. They don't want them in cage for 90% of the day while at a kennel, would rather have someone let them out. Maybe you just should tell this person that you can't do it this time. When I was younger we had a dogs since the day I came home from the hospital. Every year we went on vacation and dropped the dog off at the kennel. I went back there once when I was a teenager too give my dog one last treat before we left her. She was in a cement kennel with nothing to keep her happy. I did feel sorry for her. At that time I don't even think they reall took her out much either like they do sometmes now.

We have a dog now that we use to put in the kennel. But now I have neighbors that let him out. He is much happier with that. I can tell the difference from when he would come home from the kennel vs. someone letting him out now.

Royalgtp

TCG Elite Member
Dec 24, 2008
A lot of the dog Kennels have taken notice and most are now mini hotels/day spas for you dog. They are not bad at all nowadays.

One really shouldnt have to tell someone how much they are inconvienenced 2-4 times a year staying at there house while the go to VEGAS to watch the doggy.

Its getting very old and Im just blowing off steam how people are horrified of entrusting someone with thier dogs (Kennel) but then they dont think twice about sending thier kids to day care. Very, very, ironic.

GTPHales-Wife

TCG Elite Member
Nov 9, 2008
Plano, IL
Our dog has gone to the Pet Motel in Petsmart. It was $23 a day. If you wanted your dog taken out or do spa type stuff it was major bucks. It could end up costing just as much if not more then day care, lol. Of course depending on how long you are gone for. Every little thing is extra that you want them to do.

Well sometimes people need just a bigger hint to let them know that you don't wanna do it. People just don't want the confrontation either.

I can see I may just be beating a dead horse. But being a dog owner for awhile kinda understand.

Everyone does what they want. If you really don't want to do it you need to say something.

Royalgtp

TCG Elite Member
Dec 24, 2008
The thing that is annoying to me about this post is about how people have "no problem" taking their kids to daycare. :rolleyes:
[/b]

As compared to people having a "problem" with a kennel taking care of thier pets?
:rolleyes:

Im not sure how much simpler I can break this down, nor was this thread ment to describe your personal choices with your child, which is what you seem to be stuck on. This thread is not about you and your personl daycare situation.......ITS ABOUT DOGS and their owners!!!!!!! ;) I was comparing the two to show how IRONIC the situation reallyis when you think about it. We all know a ton of people who act like this with thier dogs as well!

Simply put, again, many people will entrust thier CHILDs life/care to a daycare, but look at you wierd when you suggest a "kennel"......because another human could not possibley care for YOUR DOG correctly but they can for your child!!!

Right.....

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
I guess if my kid was in a well with some stranger going "put the lotion in the basket" with his junk tucked....Id be scared. However, Ive seen the place in action. Its pretty much a school and allows both parents to work for more money.

Dog owners are wierd by nature. Cant help ya there.

GTPHales-Wife

TCG Elite Member
Nov 9, 2008
Plano, IL
I guess if my kid was in a well with some stranger going "put the lotion in the basket" with his junk tucked....Id be scared. However, Ive seen the place in action. Its pretty much a school and allows both parents to work for more money.

Dog owners are wierd by nature. Cant help ya there.
[/b]

Are you saying us Pet owners are wierd fish :lolsign:

I know some people think dogs are dogs and some think of them as their kids. Everyone has their own opinions as to how dogs should be treated. Kids do at least get to play with other kids and sometimes get some knowledge from the place they are staying at, lol. Gotta pay extra for everthing with a dog. I don't wanna get anymore into it cause it is kinda stupid, lol. Oh wait, some people take there dogs to doggie daycare. Which I think is stupid, lol.
I am a stay at home mom because it is doesn't make sense for me to pay for daycare because I would have no money left by the time I paid for it. Plus I take care of my dog.

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
Yeah. You guys are fucking wierdos. LOL.

I agree with your staying at home. You have to make X amount of money before it even becomes worth it to have a job. Doggie daycare is dumb IMO. Kennels are good for out of town, but you dont do that every day. If you cant do neither, take it with or you dont get to go. JMO.

dsk727

TCG Elite Member
Nov 9, 2008
Minneapolis MN
It probably comes down to that your aunt doesn't know if any kennels around her are more then cage them and let them out to feed and walk once or twice a day! I bet if she did her research she might be okay with it. Plain and simple if you don't want to do it, then don't do it!

I am not getting into the daycare fight.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info