3800 Unfuckingbelievable

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
So I finally get my HIDs from ZZPs woot sale. I decided to install them tonight. I work on the passanger side first. Install the low and high beam bulbs and ballast. Fire them up and nothing. :blink: So I bring them back inside and check the wiring. Go back outside and try again. This time the lows dont fire on, but the highs do. Progress.

I go back inside and swap the ballast on the lows. Back outside and try again. SUCCESS!! Both fire up. Mount everything and put the lights back in. Still work. Sweetness. Onto the driver side.

Bring that one in and hook everything up. Go outside and test them. Low doesnt come on but the high does. Ok. Come back inside and check the wiring on the low. Back outside and it still doesnt fire. Keep in mind this is the same ballast that I swapped from the passanger side. Ok. Ill swap the ballast from the high beams since I know it works. Swap the ballasts and guess what?? NEITHER work. Checked the wiring 2 times and still nothing. Swap it back to what it originally was and back to the same situation. Low didnt work but the high did.

So now I have one low HID, one low hallogen, and 2 high HIDs. One 9006 bulb and one ballast DOA. I cant believe it.

Im gonna go punch a fetus in the genital area now.

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
at least you didnt get two different temp bulbs like some customers.........
with prices that low i would assume quality is not taken into consideration like a few of there other products.
[/b]

Who the fuck has gotten 2 different temp bulbs?? Ive never even heard of that one.

Also, its kinda hard to control the quality of a product that you dont produce. :rolleyes: It says on their site that they are under warranty. Im sure Ill get one of each and they will deal with the company that produces them.

I

imported_1fastGTP

<div class='quotemain'>
with prices that low i would assume quality is not taken into consideration like a few of there other products.
[/b]

Who the fuck has gotten 2 different temp bulbs?? Ive never even heard of that one.

Also, its kinda hard to control the quality of a product that you dont produce. :rolleyes: It says on their site that they are under warranty. Im sure Ill get one of each and they will deal with the company that produces them.
[/b][/quote]

i did!!! i got a 6000k and an 8000k off the club group buy. i told the guy, and he sent me a new set, and a return package. all is good now. :) oh yeah, my highs and lows work just fine. :p

Sinister Drag Designs

SinisterDragDesigns.com
Aug 3, 2007
Chicago, IL
if you buy a product for 50 bucks and the company still needs to makes money on it, you have to think they are getting them for pennys. sounds like there buying what ever is cheapest and just backing it up with a warranty. i wonder what other complaints will come from there woot sale HIDs.
lets hope your the only one and get it fixed without an issue.

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
<div class='quotemain'>
<div class='quotemain'>
[/b]

[/b][/quote]

i did!!! i got a 6000k and an 8000k off the club group buy. i told the guy, and he sent me a new set, and a return package. all is good now. oh yeah, my highs and lows work just fine.
[/b][/quote]

So you got a different bulb set from the CGP group buy?? That wasnt ZZP however unless thats where they buy their kits. I did have to buy 2 kits to get lows and highs. However, I wont have to worry about weakened 9007 low/high bulbs. B)

if you buy a product for 50 bucks and the company still needs to makes money on it, you have to think they are getting them for pennys. sounds like there buying what ever is cheapest and just backing it up with a warranty. i wonder what other complaints will come from there woot sale HIDs.
lets hope your the only one and get it fixed without an issue.[/b]

I guess when you put things on sale, your really out to make money. :rolleyes: Do you even know WTF their sales are? Normally once they sell a certain # of the product, the sale is over. They charge $130 for the kits. I snuck 3 kits outta their $58 dollar sale then posted about it. Z said he didnt have time to cut the sale since orders were flooding in. Im sure that lost them quite a bit of money per kit, but thats what you do when you have a sale. Loose, or break even.

Sinister Drag Designs

SinisterDragDesigns.com
Aug 3, 2007
Chicago, IL
and what zoomer says is the gods truth. on almost all of the woot items they sold more then what they said they would.
zooms not dumb enough to break even or lose money. sale or not, hes buisness man.
like i said i hope it works out for you fish, im just not liking the quality of stuff coming out of michigan these days. when quality goes down its for a reason.....most of the time its money.

SaturdaysGS

TCG Elite Member
Jul 15, 2007
Chicago (Southside)
I bought 3 HID kits (one at 130, the other two at 90) from ZZP, and all work flawlessly. (Before anyone bitches, I also bought a HID kit from WBS)

They even gave me a 40 coupon code since I bought a kit right before they went down to 58 then up to 90 for a couple hours.

Brian, check the pins in the ballast just to make sure they arent bent. I bent one and it caused the ballast to seem DOA. I bent it back and it worked fine.

I'm a happy customer with both companies, thus far.

Mike K

TCG Elite Member
Apr 11, 2008
Brian, when you turn on your highs does it turn off your lows? I've noticed on my 04' that I have to flash my highs a couple times before turning them on otherwise they'll just flicker and then shut off immediately.

We're going to be offering wiring kits soon. One of the biggest reasons for this is the 04'+ Grand Prixs that are trying to power for ballasts simultaneously. I'm not sure if the other 9006/ 9005 cars are like this.

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
Brian, when you turn on your highs does it turn off your lows? I've noticed on my 04' that I have to flash my highs a couple times before turning them on otherwise they'll just flicker and then shut off immediately.

We're going to be offering wiring kits soon. One of the biggest reasons for this is the 04'+ Grand Prixs that are trying to power for ballasts simultaneously. I'm not sure if the other 9006/ 9005 cars are like this.
[/b]

Yes, it does turn off my lows. I am going to be wiring it to where the lows stay on. I figure its good for a couple reasons.

Wont be stressing the lows when your going between high and low
Bright as hell. Hence, high beams. :D

I checked the ballast and everyhing looks great. I cant tell about the bulb. Dont know what a dead HID bulb looks like. It does not power up to any of the other ballasts however. Hence my assumption that it is dead.

LeeGTP

Addict
Nov 10, 2008

[/b]

The wiring Harness is the KEY. the direct power from the battery is what is needed to power up the Hid kits. without killing the Ballasts

Lee

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
Yeah, I like the fact that the kit is plug and play, but a wiring harness to help get power would probably do alot of good. So far the one low HID flickers once and awhile. Im gonna get an alternator rewire soon and that should help the flickering.

Shipping the broken stuff back to ZZP either today or tomorrow.

CoolGTX

let sleeping dogs lie
Nov 17, 2008
Hotel 4 Dogs
Real Name
J/O
<div class='quotemain'>

[/b]

The wiring Harness is the KEY. the direct power from the battery is what is needed to power up the Hid kits. without killing the Ballasts

Lee
[/b][/quote]not all vendors believe this though. :blink:

CoolGTX

let sleeping dogs lie
Nov 17, 2008
Hotel 4 Dogs
Real Name
J/O
Yeah, I like the fact that the kit is plug and play, but a wiring harness to help get power would probably do alot of good. So far the one low HID flickers once and awhile. Im gonna get an alternator rewire soon and that should help the flickering.

Shipping the broken stuff back to ZZP either today or tomorrow.
[/b]
unless you really want the alt rewire, dont waste your money, it will not help your problem, nor is it the solution your looking for.

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
FINALLY

THE FISH

HAS ALL 4 WORKING H EYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYE DEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESS.

Sorry. Watching old wrestling shit and remembered when it was cool with the Rock around. :lolsign:

Now I have to get the lows and highs wired to work at the same time. HID looking fogs would be cool as well, but not #1 on my priority list.

I have HID's in my Denali. If I use my remote start, or even key start, one of the headlights flickers for a second then fails to start. It is installed with a custom high end harness with 40 amp relays. It is the initial start on my truck that causes the lights to turn off while the engine is cranking to conserve power.

Sooo... We developed a circuit that will delay the relay engaging for about 3 seconds. That is plenty to get the headlights going. The module is plug-n-play 2 wire setup weatherproof and small enough to install anywhere. We originally designed the controller though for fans since when starting 2 fans in high speed, it puts a significant load on the electrical system. But, this can be used for any 12 volt application.

Brian, let me know if you care to try one out.
--Justin

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info