3800 Headers vs No Headers

SaturdaysGS

TCG Elite Member
Jul 15, 2007
Chicago (Southside)
<div class='quotemain'>
I have headers on my 04, and I love 'em. The top end is much better (even with stock pulley, stock pcm, and stock intake).
[/b]

We need to get a run in on the road one random day when its empty. Dig and roll
[/b][/quote]

You name the time and place, and I'm in.

Snoop, why do you think they are overkill?

SaturdaysGS

TCG Elite Member
Jul 15, 2007
Chicago (Southside)
Yes yes, this may be why I didnt really notice a loss of any low end, but did notice a SOP gain in the top end of the rpms. I need an intake (I need to hear WHINE.. too), and a strong tune (advanced timing definately, fueling, trans settings, etc. etc.) and I bet this thing would hit 13's with a stock pulley on pump gas--93.

Edited: and I should add that while having headers, I also have no cat, no resonator, and magnaflow mufflers. Much to my suprise I have much LESS drone then I did when I had manifolds and a cat, and its not nearly as raspy as other muffler'd GP's.

I

imported_snoop

[/quote]
[/quote]

well pretty much the price. i just dont see the gains to price in that catagory. but now this is just my opinion. you will be fine with your stock mani's until you start dipping into the 12 second range EASY. of course, with headers it would be better, but not needed. see what i am tying to say here? its kinda tough to explain. i mean, if you have the money, by all means, its a win win situation, but not really necesary unless you have a big number(or low :p ) to shoot for.

SaturdaysGS

TCG Elite Member
Jul 15, 2007
Chicago (Southside)
[/quote]

well pretty much the price. i just dont see the gains to price in that catagory. but now this is just my opinion. you will be fine with your stock mani's until you start dipping into the 12 second range EASY. of course, with headers it would be better, but not needed. see what i am tying to say here? its kinda tough to explain. i mean, if you have the money, by all means, its a win win situation, but not really necesary unless you have a big number(or low :p ) to shoot for.
[/quote]

Got it! :)

Holding off on the SLP fun, Brian?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info