3800 Power Steering

Toasty

TCG Elite Member
Nov 4, 2007
Bolingbrook, IL
so i knew i was gettin a whine from PS or something so i went around a turn today a lil more sharper and now the PS is whining like a mofo... fluid seemed ok but i was on angle.. i did see bubbles though.. so thoughts or just bad PS pump?

also if i just gota bleed the system is it the basic cap off and turn wheel side to side with car off? [/b]

is it turning harder now? need to check for drips/leaks as well... if you have no leaks, it's quite possible that the pump is just goin out, but it could last for quite a while, just noisy.... if it's low, add some lucas power steering fix.

Turbocharged400sbc

3800 & 4T80E > ALL
TCG Premium
Jun 16, 2007
hangover park IL
make sure it's full you sucked air so it's likely low, to bleed the system get the front tires off the ground (unless you like armstrong steering) and cycle back and forth, lock to lock letting the air bubles settle after a couple cycles...after a few cycles start it up and cycle lock to lock once, shut it off and repeat till the bubbles are gone. and the pump quiets down...

phat_ridegt

TCG Elite Member
Sep 16, 2007
Ottawa
at work whenever i do a power steering repair (pump, line or rack) and there is air in the system, i take it for a nice ride, and like james said, go lock to lock a bunch of times, then let it sit with the cap open (not off, just cracked open, for a few hours, maybe overnight as long as you dont forget, and it should bleed itself. works everytime ive done it

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info