3800 Pacesetter Header Problems....

got3800.com

TCG Elite Member
Sep 3, 2007
Carpentersville, IL
Hey all... <_<

quick question....

i installed pacesetter headers on my car but as some of you know i recently had to pull the engine out of the car to repair a cracked flywheel.

ever since then ive had problems with the Y pipe connecting/staying connected to the headers.

ive had to fix it once and i placed some thicker/heavy duty clamps on there (thinking it was what i read about the stock clamps sucking major balls) but it happen again on Monday......

anyone have any ideas as to how i can make sure that the damn thing stays together? is there anyone that has experienced this and has some ideas for me?

im going to be working on it tomorrow morning (11/14) so some ideas tonight (11/13) would be great.....

thanks in advance
kevin brown

got3800.com

TCG Elite Member
Sep 3, 2007
Carpentersville, IL
everyone has had the same problem.weld it and be done. this is what alot of people do and the only true fix in my opinion.
[/b]

yea i was thinking about it but i really want to stay away from that. i was thinking about just tacking it in a couple spots and then (if needed) simply grind the tacks off if i want to take them off or remove the engine...

thanks for the info though

Turbocharged400sbc

3800 & 4T80E > ALL
TCG Premium
Jun 16, 2007
hangover park IL
I don't get it... [/b]

ok see the flat endges facing away from you? those get welded inline with the tube axis with the slip joint in between. when you undo the bolt the two slip fit pieces are able to then slide apart

there is another style that are usually refered to as U tabs, and with those the bolt is inline with the tube axis and as you tighten the bolt through the two welded on U tabs it pulls the slipp joint together

both setups are good for this app but this style might be easier acess to tighten

1c_1_b.JPG

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info

• G
    Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list