3800 Need help...

ernrcr3

Regular
Feb 26, 2008
Orland Park
Fellas...

I have an '04 and my ABS, Traction Control, Variable Effort Steering, and Stability Control all turns off everytime I start the car...

I have dealt with it all summer and now that winter is fast approaching... I wanna take care of this. I cannot drive in the Chicago snow with no traction control or stability control...

I brought it to 2 places to have it read to see what is causing this... and both placed did not have the correct scanner (or adapter) to read my car.

I was told that the information for the ABS and such is not on the PCM but the BCM... :unsure:

Anyone that can help me, I will make it worth your effort... trust me!

Please email me: [email protected] or PM me if you can assist. (I will drive to your location!)

Thanks a ton!

-ern

ThaLord

TCG Elite Member
Dec 2, 2008
Cicero
Although mine was a 99.. it may be the same... I had a similar problem. traction control light, abs light, power steering all would go out.... it was the EBTCM module. It stands for Electronic Braking and Traction Control Module.

From the dealer they cost about 900 (for my year at least). I ended up getting mine from Ed Morad.

John

horist

Geek
Nov 10, 2008
Lake Zurich
Although mine was a 99.. it may be the same... I had a similar problem. traction control light, abs light, power steering all would go out.... it was the EBTCM module. It stands for Electronic Braking and Traction Control Module.

From the dealer they cost about 900 (for my year at least). I ended up getting mine from Ed Morad.

John
[/b]

Yea that's what mine was... and it was about the same price

As for reading the codes... you're going to need to find someone w/a tech 2 most likely... and even then it may not help. I'm not sure if it sets any codes... when mine went bad I was unable to pickup any codes with HP Tuners... however that was back at version 1.x , the 2.x software reads more codes from other modules... but not sure if it can read the codes the traction control module is setting

If you want to head up to Lake Zurich one night we could try

Mine went bad in 2004 late (I remember cause it was the year before Katrina, and myself and a bunch of friends were driving down to Louisiana for a the thunder shootout... one of the guys wouldn't go with me if I didn't fix the problem lol... I had lived with it for 6 months prior)

ernrcr3

Regular
Feb 26, 2008
Orland Park
<div class='quotemain'>

John
[/b]

Yea that's what mine was... and it was about the same price

As for reading the codes... you're going to need to find someone w/a tech 2 most likely... and even then it may not help. I'm not sure if it sets any codes... when mine went bad I was unable to pickup any codes with HP Tuners... however that was back at version 1.x , the 2.x software reads more codes from other modules... but not sure if it can read the codes the traction control module is setting

If you want to head up to Lake Zurich one night we could try

Mine went bad in 2004 late (I remember cause it was the year before Katrina, and myself and a bunch of friends were driving down to Louisiana for a the thunder shootout... one of the guys wouldn't go with me if I didn't fix the problem lol... I had lived with it for 6 months prior)
[/b][/quote]

Well I heard it could be anything from that Module to as simple as a ABS sensor might have become loose or gone bad...

Im really hoping it is something simple. I am out of warranty... and really thinking of trading it in. But I cant with all these problems dinging on the DIC everytime you start up.

Horist, PM me your address and number... I'll take a ride out ths weekend if thats ok.

-ern

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info