3800 So my wife's sister had her baby...

I

imported_Ron Vogel

She went into labor 9am Friday morning, had the baby at 1:55am last night (this morning).

What is that? 41 hours in labor!

My wife got home at 6am, I did have some things planned today but I think the plan has changed.

Fortunately mother and baby are OK. From the story I heard about it, CDH is not the place to deliver!

After puttting her through all that labor, her cervix was so swollen, they had to do a c-section anyway. Between the labor, c-section, and all the drugs they had to give; her sister will have an extremely long recovery.

They only checked progress at like 6-8 hour intervals, at Edwards with our 3 kids they were in almost every half-hour. To me it sounds like she should sue the crap out of them.

Baby is 7.5 lbs girl, her name is Chloe.

I'd put up pics, but they all include my wife's sister. She looks so rough, my wife doesn't even want me to post them!

I

imported_Ron Vogel

everyone wants to sue everyone for easy money now days

congrats on the baby
[/b]
I wouldn't say that I would call 41 hours of labor, and potentially putting the mother's or babies health in danger "easy money"

They forced the labor early because they thought her sister's blood pressure was on the high side. Instead of treating the problem, their solution was to get the baby out early. Labor puts a lot of stress on both the baby and mother, and simply treating the mother probably would have been a safer route. They had her on Pertosson (sp?) since Friday, and kept turning up the dose until the contractions were to their liking. The baby and mother were simply not ready to deliver yet, they just forced it. If that was the case a c-section should have been done in the first place over drugging the living crap out of mother and baby and making them endure such a long labor. To put things in perpective, all three of our kids combined were half the labor time.

MrT

TCG Elite Member
Nov 11, 2008
Lombard, IL ....USA Baby
<div class='quotemain'>
everyone wants to sue everyone for easy money now days

congrats on the baby
[/b]
I wouldn't say that I would call 41 hours of labor, and potentially putting the mother's or babies health in danger "easy money"

They forced the labor early because they thought her sister's blood pressure was on the high side. Instead of treating the problem, their solution was to get the baby out early. Labor puts a lot of stress on both the baby and mother, and simply treating the mother probably would have been a safer route. They had her on Pertosson (sp?) since Friday, and kept turning up the dose until the contractions were to their liking. The baby and mother were simply not ready to deliver yet, they just forced it. If that was the case a c-section should have been done in the first place over drugging the living crap out of mother and baby and making them endure such a long labor. To put things in perpective, all three of our kids combined were half the labor time.
[/b][/quote]i agree Ron....lst time my wife was on Petossin (SP?) after about 8 hours & little activity - they took her off & sent us home, to come back 2 days later.....41 hours seems a bit much, given technology/meds these days

I

imported_Ron Vogel

I talked to my wife's other sister tonight while she was over about it. She happens to be an RN. She noticed a lot of other subtle things about the poor care. First off, after the birth her BP was extremely high, they didn't have compression socks on her. They weren't doing uterine massages either. They also haven't stared her on stool softeners, witch is a big deal after a c-section I guess.

We also found out that Drew Peterson was her wedding photographer, and she was married in 2004...the year his previous wife died. (I guess he did wedding photography as a side gig) How weird is that! Not really pertaining to the birth, but interesting nonetheless...

05GP

Apr 21, 2008
Congrats to her, very long labor, poor woman and child. My wife had her first, fever and low blood platelets seemed to have forced the OB's decision to pull the baby out, in turn RIPPING my wifes area to pieces. Needless to say a lawsuit is at hand b/c of the OB's carelessness, and three months later..my wifes still not healed and they are not doing anything about it.....she made no offer to do that special "cut" to help...some people.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info