Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
defrag.jpg

:lolsign:

I

imported_Ron Vogel

If you don't defrg the computer before using a powertuner you are much more likely to fry the PCM. Also, on my studio computer it won't even play some lare multitrack wave files unless the computer is freshly defragged. It does make a difference

PANDA

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Event Coordinator
May 24, 2007
Wisconsin Northwoods
<div class='quotemain'>
I was told by a real reliable source that defragmenting the hard-drive provides no performance boost what so ever.
[/b]

Do yourself a favor and never listen to that source again. Ron is correct.
[/b][/quote]

Im not saying I agree with him. Im sure there are reasons to defragment. But for performance he says the gains are un-noticeable.

thebullfrog

Addict
Sep 12, 2008
Algonquin
Real Name
Jerimiah
Hey fish, what are you using up there in the corner to monitor your CPU/MEM usage? I like the look of that monitor better than a lot of the ones that I've tried. I'm assuming it's a Yahoo widget, but I don't remember ever seeing that one.
Oh, and if your ripping through a bunch of ISOs it doesn't take long at all to frag the crap outta your HD. I had mine looking like that at one point too. And yeah, it absolutely makes a performance diff, when it starts getting to that point. Especially with a smaller HD like that.

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
It was released on yahoo widgets not too long ago. I have 2 different ones but this one is smaller then the one I had before. The other one I have had bar graphs and looked alot cooler, but I like this one for being small and just giving me a number. I need to find one that monitors both cores instead of just one.

horist

Geek
Nov 10, 2008
Lake Zurich
Workin' at a desk with a dumb little placard?
Yeah, payin' the bills with my mad programming skills
Defraggin' my hard drive for thrills
I got me a hundred gigabytes of RAM
I never feed trolls and I don't read spam
Installed a T1 line in my house
Always at my PC, double-clickin' on my mizouse
Upgrade my system at least twice a day

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info