3800 need advice in selling

smknL67

Regular
Aug 7, 2007
Bensenville
I'm thinking about selling my Regal, is it better to sell the car the way it sits or is it better to sell the car modded? I hate the idea of selling the car that I want but I'm filling up twice a week with premium and my pocket is hurting from my $85 to $95 weekly fillups. Spending this much money on gas is just irrational to me. That said I'm thinking about buying a toyota corolla. I'm happy with how my car handles with its mods but what would my mods be worth?

Mods:
Dhp pcm 1.0
Intake
W-body store Ported manifolds
RT 3" inch to 2.5 catless dp
Caspers electronics 02 sim
3.4 & 3.25 supercharger pulleys
ZZP 1.9 ratio rockers
ZZP 105 lb springs
SSC lowering springs
20" Katana racing wheels

What do you guys say?

Aircal

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Nov 10, 2008
Countryside
Real Name
Tom callahan
I think you should stop and crunch some numbers. You get what..about 22 city 30 highway now? What do you think you will get with the corolla? I would say mid 20s city and 40 highway should be about correct.
So now you can figure your your gas saving per year. So how much is the corolla? Paying cash or financing? So now compare your gas savings to the cost of owning the corolla. What about insurance costs? Going up? Or down?
Now you are in a better position to tell if your saving money by getting a car thats cheaper at the gas station or spending more per month to save at the gas station.

SaturdaysGS

TCG Elite Member
Jul 15, 2007
Chicago (Southside)
I think you should stop and crunch some numbers. You get what..about 22 city 30 highway now? What do you think you will get with the corolla? I would say mid 20s city and 40 highway should be about correct.
So now you can figure your your gas saving per year. So how much is the corolla? Paying cash or financing? So now compare your gas savings to the cost of owning the corolla. What about insurance costs? Going up? Or down?
Now you are in a better position to tell if your saving money by getting a car thats cheaper at the gas station or spending more per month to save at the gas station.
[/b]

SHHHH im trying to make a deal here.... :rolleyes:

:lolsign:

Toasty

TCG Elite Member
Nov 4, 2007
Bolingbrook, IL
if you part off stuff like the DHP, you need to make sure that a stock PCM will handle the mods you leave on the car (rockers/springs/pulley etc)

from seeing what goes down on regalgs.org and clubgp.com, provided that you sell the rims outright, you should be able to get a fair price for your car with the mods it has on it... it's only got pretty mild mods. you tend to get into more trouble when you have full on race mods that arent as streetable.

that being said, aircal has some valid points. however, we dont know how many miles and what type of miles you're puttin on the car. if you're doin 2 tank fulls, or about 650 city miles. ???

smknL67

Regular
Aug 7, 2007
Bensenville
I can install and un-install all the mods on my car and have all the stock parts for the car.

I actually drove a corolla for a week, and saw how much money I could save a week by driving it. I put 10 gallons of gas on the corolla (a 2004 CE) and got 350 miles out of the tank. Out of the Regal I get about 245-275 miles out of 13 or 13.5 gallons. The corolla runs on 87 Octane and the Regal gets the 93 octane.

My DIC is always saying 20.2 to 20.6 mpg on my commute. It always stays the same. I'm just tired of pumping $85 to $90 a week in gas. Its nuts. I'm not sure how much my insurance would change going from a REgal to a Corolla. I should check that out.

Saturday, yes they are the ZZP modded ratio rockers.

"leave rims on and post on craigslist. lots of dumb people on there that want a car that just runs and has big rims. the rest i would sell if you have the parts to put pack on"

Bob, my car would actually be a good buy, I have not taken any short cuts on it. I've rebuilt the whole suspension and done lots of small upgrades not worth mentioning. Buying my car would be a good buy since I've done all the maintnance like balljoints, inner tie rods, tie rods, 1 hub bearing, struts all the way around, strut mounts, new 225/60/16" tires, alignment, and other b.s.

I dont' know yet, a corolla is just a tin can with no style and my regal is just a bad ass sleeper.

I

imported_snoop

if your not in a crunch, i would say sell your mods to where you are ready to let the car go and then sell. why rush, you can make an extra coin, then have the car stock, and then go get what you want. again, assuming your not in a crunch. i dont think you would have a problem selling your mods. but like sinr said, keep the rims. definelty

Sinister Drag Designs

SinisterDragDesigns.com
Aug 3, 2007
Chicago, IL
"leave rims on and post on craigslist. lots of dumb people on there that want a car that just runs and has big rims. the rest i would sell if you have the parts to put pack on"

Bob, my car would actually be a good buy, I have not taken any short cuts on it. I've rebuilt the whole suspension and done lots of small upgrades not worth mentioning. Buying my car would be a good buy since I've done all the maintnance like balljoints, inner tie rods, tie rods, 1 hub bearing, struts all the way around, strut mounts, new 225/60/16" tires, alignment, and other b.s.

[/b]
not saying your car is bad in anyway its just people only look for rims on a car on that site it seems. if the car is in great shape then you can get even more for it.

smknL67

Regular
Aug 7, 2007
Bensenville
I'll post some pics of my car friday since i have the day off work. I might end up going to the track with it if time permits this weekend coming up. I'm curious to see what It can do. A member from here had the pleasure of driving it today. He was grinning from the moment he saw the car broke the tires loose at a 20mph roll lol.

Snoop yes they are dubs. They are called Destiny Childs from Katana. Funny thing is that they really don't look as big as people think. IMHO they look dead right in my eyes.

Bob, now i get your drift ! lol =)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info