3800 wbody store and zzp HID

• Thread starter imported_silverbullet
  • Start date
I

imported_silverbullet

hid light kit was suppose to be my last mod upgrade, but i can't wait til next year again i want it very soon. my question is what's the difference between the 2 kits from each of the vendors? i know zzp price is cheaper, but everything else seem to look the same. i'm interest in the #9006 6000K kit.

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
Monte Carlos and Regals use a 9005/ 9006 combo as do the 2004+ Grand Prixs. Actually, the 97' - 03' Grand Prix is the only W Body to use the 9007 bulb IIRC.

The kits are most likely similar. We'll match the ZZP price for you as well.
[/b]

I wanna say that is correct on what cars run what. I have a set of silverstar 9005s and wanna get a set of 9006 HIDs.

But Ive also thought about getting HIDs for the lows and highs and just get them both to fire up when I hit the brights. :lolsign: That way people wont bitch about my headlights in low form.

Mike K

TCG Elite Member
Apr 11, 2008
Actually Brian I was surprised to find out that with the 9006/ 9005 setup the highs and lows do come on together, at least on the Grand Prix they do. I have HIDs in both and I can just about cast daylight ahead of me.

....but you dont need the high beams, and they highs on the HID kit, are dimmer than the lows used to be.[/b]
Yeah, that's why we canned those kits. The highs aren't useful as highs and you can't even use them to flash at people to show them that your highs aren't on because then they assume you're flashing your low beams at them and that you're some kind of pretentious ass. :)

Mike K

TCG Elite Member
Apr 11, 2008
Nick, No worries. Anyone you know looking for a set, we can get (and do) any bulb. I just had a customer looking for H3 bulbs and he received a quote on those for $190+. We got them to him for the same price as our other kits and it took two days.

Here's a coupon code you guys can use to match the ZZP price.

d0fece

Bob Kazamakis

I’m the f-ing lizard king
TCG Premium
Oct 24, 2007
Denver
Real Name
JK
i love my 5000K kit on my gp, gives a nice white light. now every other car i'm in the lights look so yellow its actually kind of gross...

i bought from the group buy on clubgp but all the kits out these days look identical.

i plan on getting a set for my fogs soon and will use those as brights.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info