3800 Whole House Humidifiers

I

imported_GraFFix

Yea just buy one that goes inline with your furnace. Usually they will mount to the side of the duct that comes off the furnace, then you just need to wire it up and find a water source and use the small hose and tap they usually supply to get the water to the unit. It will always stay full, you can adjust the humidity and its pretty much worry free.

Royalgtp

TCG Elite Member
Dec 24, 2008
Airplane is a really good model to get. Here are a couple things to consider.

1) Make sure you mount it on the side of the furnace....not the front. If it leaks and drips on the front of your furnace where all the electronics are.....NOT GOOD.

2. Personally, I would find a cold water line and put a real valve w/shut off on it. I do not trust those crap ass self tap models. Notorious for leaking and flooding.

3. Humidistate should be placed at around 5ft off the ground on the main floor and far away from the humidistat. (I once saw a house where the idiot installed it under the humidifier and it would just cycle on and off all day long. :ph34r: )

It will definetly feel more comfortable in the room, cut down on your clothes clinging to you and static shock! Oh, wood movement too for your floors and trim.

Good luck.

TommyGloves

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 23, 2007
CHICAGO
Real Name
Tom Glover
2. Personally, I would find a cold water line and put a real valve w/shut off on it. I do not trust those crap ass self tap models. Notorious for leaking and flooding.

[/b]

I have an Airplane model and it's been worry free for 9 years now. The water pads are pretty inexpensive too.

I was told you get better performance if it's hooked up the a hot water tap.

Ditto on getting a real shut off. The self-tap valves are not reliable long term.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info