3800 mechanic needed!

Toasty

TCG Elite Member
Nov 4, 2007
Bolingbrook, IL
as i referenced in my other thread, i've got a power steering fluid leak. I crawled under the car as best i could. (small jack and jack stands arent too helpful here) the fluid seemsto be running along one of the lines and dripping at the low point of the line, just about right in the middle of the car. the lines at the rack look dry, as do the lines going up to the pump. the rack does seem damp towards the steering gear, but the plug at the bottom of the gear there doesnt seem to be the leaking spot, however. i guess it's possible that it's leaking at the top seal at the gear, or one of the lines on the rack itself, which i interperet to mean new rack.

i do not have the facilities to change a rack, where i am, it's also a bit out of my comfort range. does anybody have a reccomendation where you've gotten good service before? or if any of you work at a place that could do it?

i appreciate the help guys.

Toasty

TCG Elite Member
Nov 4, 2007
Bolingbrook, IL
sounds like the lines are leaking....most (including my own) racks leak right at the steering gear, but its usually not bad enough to warrant replacing.
[/b]

from what i could see, at least, the rubber boot that covers the steering gear stub and intermediate shaft area were dry, it was the lower half of the rack that had some moisture, so it probably is a line... but they look like a $#$$%%$@! to change.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info

• Toasty
    Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list