3800 o2 simulator question

2000GTPK

Regular
Nov 18, 2008
ok ive scanned my PCM for hard and soft codes, ive done a bunch of custom tuning to the PCM, ive done a complete tune up using only the parts everyone told me. and im still only getting like 150 miles per tank i know this is wrong. even in my trans am with 340 horses i was doing better.

so heres the thing. im thinking its one of my o2 sensors. the way zzp makes it sound the one behind the cat is only there for the cat and has nothing to do with mixtures, ratios or anything with the way the car runs. vs the one on the manifold. that ones the important one.

i was gonna just do a u-bend delete and get rid of the sensor and just throw in the simulator. but if thats not affecting anything about how my car runs, it wont do much good simulating the reading

so should i simulate the one next to the cat and replace the one on the manifold ..or any other ideas would be great.

2000GTPK

Regular
Nov 18, 2008
If you check engine light is not on, then there is no reason to do anything with the rear O2. Replacing the front one is usually a good idea if it's never been done before.
[/b]

68 bucks is the cheapest ive found....anyone know of a cheaper place. im sick of wasting money trying to fix my MPG so id rather not spend 70 bucks to replace a good sensor...thats 2 gas tanks.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info

Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list