3800 Hate being sick

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
So I was supposed to be moving this week. Got quite a bit of my roomies stuff done, but I still have a few of my big things to do. Well, yesterday I got slammed with something. I kept waking up in the middle of the night throwing up and getting aches all over and sweating. I did nothing but sleep on the couch and throw up for half the day. I feel a bit better today but I still have a shitload to do, and Im in no mood to even move.

Getting sick blows.

horist

Geek
Nov 10, 2008
Lake Zurich
W/the flu shot they inject you w/an extremely weakened version of the flu virus, your body reacts and builds up anti-bodies so that if that strain is seen again it can fight it off

The problem is they basically guess at what strains to vaccinate against ... so if this year they predicted strand A would be the most common you could still become infected with strand B

It's like the cold virus... over a lifetime your body builds up antibodies to deal with hundreds of strains of the common cold... but there are thousands of different cold virus's so in a lifetime you'll never build up immunity to everyone of them, and at the same time you can't just receive 1 vaccine to innoculate yourself from all of them

I got the flu too....I think we both got it from Gabby since she was puking last Friday. I also have a sinus infection from my work cleaning out their air filtration system while I was at work. Since I'm allergic to mold and was breathing in all the great stuff they cleaned out......I get sick!
Looks like I'll be spending another $600 as this is my 2nd sinus infection this month and I have no insurance at the moment......FUN!!! :angry:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info