3800 Dyno'd the car.

I

imported_1fastGTP

well heres an update with the car. the got everything running, tossed it on the dyno with exhaust at 340whp at 14psi. they opened the cutout and dyno'd 440whp at 14psi. so they say my exhaust is crap. i dont get how tho... my exhaust has to be the least restrictive... custom 3" no mufflers, cutout replaced the cat, and i have 2 resonators after the cutout.. thats all! i just thought id share that. there going to crank the boost up and hit 500whp with ease.

I

imported_1fastGTP

loss of 100horse just from an exhaust? my ass. to me it sounds like they had the wrong tune to begin with....then they just wanted to impress you by just a flick of a switch 100horse....so they put the good tune in it.

do you believe everything you hear?

[/b]

Heres off clubgp.

Tengis-The only difference being the exhaust and it was 100hp?

Matt M-The exhaust is defective as it appears to have a serious restriction. I was troubleshooting for a couple hours trying to figure out why this car wouldn't make any power. I finally decided to open the cutout to see what happens. WHP jumped from 342 to 441. [/b]

I

imported_snoop

LOL!!!!!

talk to quickgrandprix1, instead of him putting a kit on his car, he should just go ahead and put a cutout on his car. lol.

nah but for real, something is not right there dude.there is no way in hell you will get 100 horse just from exhaust. think about that for a minute. i'm with ur losin and sinr here

my97gtp

Addict
Oct 5, 2008
Columbus Indiana
Real Name
Jay
Im not sure about 100hp but it is possible to gain alot over his exhaust. If its crush bent then it could be down to way less than 3 inches in places plus its been proven that some resonators can cause serious loss in catbacks. I know for example a car that dave norris(trannyman) was working on was getting kr on a 3 different pulley sizes at about the same number on a setup that should easily be able to run those sizes. It was also short on power to. So its very possible to gain numbers close to that. With a turbo the size you are running makes it more possible. The change in spool time and restriction does alot. 440whp at 14psi is very impressive tho. :D

Xtant12

TCG Elite Member
May 31, 2007
well heres an update with the car. the got everything running, tossed it on the dyno with exhaust at 340whp at 14psi. they opened the cutout and dyno'd 440whp at 14psi. so they say my exhaust is crap. i dont get how tho... my exhaust has to be the least restrictive... custom 3" no mufflers, cutout replaced the cat, and i have 2 resonators after the cutout.. thats all! i just thought id share that. there going to crank the boost up and hit 500whp with ease.
[/b]

IM GOING TO RUN YA IN MY JET... :lolsign:

I

imported_1fastGTP

This is what ZZP/matt m. stated... i wasnt planning on buying there catback.. just because i see no point. If it was a daily driver id say yeah... i need to make a change.. but hell, im going to cruise with the cutout open for the most part. :D i should be able to pick it up this weekend! i might go see matt m. run his car saturday with jason miller (red_gtx) so im excited.

PANDA

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Event Coordinator
May 24, 2007
Wisconsin Northwoods
This is what ZZP/matt m. stated... i wasnt planning on buying there catback.. just because i see no point. If it was a daily driver id say yeah... i need to make a change.. but hell, im going to cruise with the cutout open for the most part. :D i should be able to pick it up this weekend! i might go see matt m. run his car saturday with jason miller (red_gtx) so im excited.
[/b]

So they tell you your exhaust is taking away 100HP and want to sell you a cat-back? Sounds like a hustle to me because you will buy anything they say you need.

I

imported_1fastGTP

<div class='quotemain'>
[/b]

So they tell you your exhaust is taking away 100HP and want to sell you a cat-back? Sounds like a hustle to me because you will buy anything they say you need.
[/b][/quote]

I will buy anything they say i need? you dont say... Ill pull up the invoice ZZP sent me. about 99% of that list is what i told them I wanted, not what they said i should get. screw that. you might want to watch what you say when its not true. Unlike others on this board i can sure back my stuff up.

PANDA

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Event Coordinator
May 24, 2007
Wisconsin Northwoods
I will buy anything they say i need? you dont say... Ill pull up the invoice ZZP sent me. about 99% of that list is what i told them I wanted, not what they said i should get. screw that. you might want to watch what you say when its not true. Unlike others on this board i can sure back my stuff up.[/b]

Im just saying that 100HP loss from the exhast sounds like some bullshit. Something they would tell you to get you to buy there exhaust system. Since you already spent tons of money with them, maybe they figure whats another few hundred to you.

Mike K

TCG Elite Member
Apr 11, 2008
Im just saying that 100HP loss from the exhast sounds like some bullshit. Something they would tell you to get you to buy there exhaust system. Since you already spent tons of money with them, maybe they figure whats another few hundred to you.[/b]
With Shaun's car it's quite believable. If you guys remember he dynoed previously at ZZP with the Cartuning kit and put down some very unimpressive numbers. They originally suspected the TC so I swapped it out for him and apparently they had lower than expected numbers with the new setup too. With just about everything changed the only two remaining suspects would be the transmission and the exhaust.

SaturdaysGS

TCG Elite Member
Jul 15, 2007
Chicago (Southside)
Im just saying that 100HP loss from the exhast sounds like some bullshit. Something they would tell you to get you to buy there exhaust system. Since you already spent tons of money with them, maybe they figure whats another few hundred to you.[/b]
With Shaun's car it's quite believable. If you guys remember he dynoed previously at ZZP with the Cartuning kit and put down some very unimpressive numbers. They originally suspected the TC so I swapped it out for him and apparently they had lower than expected numbers with the new setup too. With just about everything changed the only two remaining suspects would be the transmission and the exhaust.
[/b]

;)

Congrats Shaun. Enjoy that beast!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info